Hey Stranger, Wanna Drink?

OK, so it's been awhile since I did a normal (i.e. sober) post, but this was too good to keep to myself. Like JJ, who posted this hilarious rant against loud-talkers, I ride public transportation to work each day. Since we moved, I wait for the bus on a busy street corner each morning, usually alone. Occasionally, an older man I have started to call my Little Buddy joins me.

Occasionally he doesn't show.
Also, I don't know what that steaming crescent is supposed to represent. Which is kind of why I find it appropriate. Keep reading.


This guy likes to make conversation about some random shit, and I know all about where he works, how he needs to pay $160 to get his license back, how he paid $45 at the DMV to get an ID card in place of his license, how he can get me a great deal on recycled like-new appliances, and what stuff he found on sale on any given week as well as how long I have to go get the same deals. He's innocuous enough and just chatty, mostly.

Then, last Monday, he approached me and said, "Hey, I haven't had a drink out of this yet, so help yourself to some warm coffee." And, with that, he held out a mason jar full of a dark liquid. Um, no thanks, Little Buddy.

"I made it myself!"

That guy actually kind of looks like him.

So, as I'm sure you would have done, I turned down his offer. I'm sure he was just being nice and trying to share, but I watch Law & Order, thank you very much. All I could think was:

"Heh heh heh... I'll tell her it's coffee."

... and then I wake up chained to a pipe in his basement. I don't think so. That coffee's all yours.

4 comments:

Smitten said...

yup, definitely think you made the right choice!!

Black Box said...

Whoa, that is really creepy. Buy a car.

Dangrdafne said...

I am a little worried about your Little Buddy. Be safe! Take the 'lets with you for protection at least!

TongueTwied said...

OH MY LITTLE BUDDY! LMAO! That is too funny. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. Any chance he makes his coffee with some of your Thirsty Thursday ingredients? ;) Be Safe!

Post a Comment