An Open Thank You Letter to Twilight

9/26/13
Dear Twilight,
Thank you. Before you, my life was like a moonless night...

No, but seriously. What would my life be without you? Who knows where I'd be, what I'd be doing, or to whom I'd be married? Today would have been my 5th wedding anniversary in my first marriage, and instead I'm just shy of four weeks happily remarried to a wonderful man who would never begrudge me my friends or my love of you. (Geez - that kind of makes it sound like I really rushed through some things, although it didn't feel that way at the time. I regret nothing.)

 Thank you for my wonderful, crazy, my-brand-of-heroin friends. I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with them this year, but you know what? That's okay, because I'll see them again. I know that. Thank you for all of the wonderful women you've brought into my life, they mean so much to me. For whatever reason, they understand that ever since I first read you, almost 5 years ago (yep, Thanksgiving will be the anniversary of that), you have never left my thoughts or my heart. As our friendships deepen and grow throughout the years, our foundation is you: our common craziness over this silly book and movie franchise. I think it grounds us.
Forks 2010

Forks 2011

Vegas 2012 - this is the closest thing I have to a group shot
Forks 2012
Hawaii 2013

Portland 2013
 Thank you for opening my eyes to the wonderful area in which I live. I can't tell you how often these days, since I read you, I look outside and think, "Ooohhh, Forksy today," and smile happily to myself. I knew I lived in a beautiful place before I read you, but I credit you with opening my eyes and making me stop taking it for granted - yes, it's gorgeous here, and now I think I appreciate that more than I did before, even without sparkly vampires lurking behind every corner.

Twilight, thank you. I can never hear your name without getting a little giddy, even if someone is just using it as a normal word in a normal sentence. You will never just be normal to me, but who wants normal, anyway? How boring. So, thanks for making my life less boring.
Cheery Spidermonkeying near Indian Beach, 2013
~MusingBella

 P.S. Thank your Mom for me, too - I guess she had something to do with creating you. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment