The Brain Destroyer

Alright, laaaaaaaaaaadies. I am deep in the thick of Hide and Drink, and if you've read that, this drink will make sense. Also, if you've read any fan fic, you can enjoy the meaning of the name of this drink on that level. Does that cover everyone? I thought so. Today, I present to you: The Brain Destroyer.


Note: my ipod was dead when I got home, which is why you got the lovely ghetto screen shot above.

This is a pretty easy drink, so let's get to it!

Our ingredients

1 part Kahlua

1 part Amaretto

1 part Irish Cream

A dash of 151 rum

Then you shoot it. Cheers!

Edlet and T.Edlet are speechless.

My brain? Destroyed like Boobward's. Actually, not so much, but that was a good shot. It was sweet and creamy going down, and the effect does hit you after it's been in your belly for a moment or two. I definitely recommend it! Tasty and effective - what more could you want? Also, it's probably pretty likely you have this in your house, if you drink; except for the Amaretto, these are fairly common ingredients. I will be having another on Friday, I can tell you that!

WIN!

So, tell me, what fan fic (or regular book, or even tv show or other pastime) is destroying your brain at the moment?

I try not to drink too much because when I'm drunk, I bite. ~ Bette Midler

11 comments:

Black Box said...

I was addicted to Hide and Drink when I was reading it. It was one of the first fics I found. I really liked it, but then I didn't really like the end. I won't ruin it for you though.

Right now I'm really enjoying Beyond Time, which you know. Also At Your Own Risk, A Rough Start, and Across The Universe, oh and Waking Up. I'm reading a lot others too, but those are the ones that I'm really loving at the moment.

Twired Jen said...

I LOVE amaretto. Esp over ice with a splash of cream...such a great after dinner drink/dessert ;)

Not a big fan of Irish Cream, wish I liked it. Sounds great overall though!

Love these posts, see ya on twitter Friday night?

xo J

mmMoxie said...

I LOVE THAT SHOT GLASS! I must get one when I got to Forks.

17foreverlisa said...

I'm early. Should I come back?

That drink sounds amazing, both the content and the kick.

I'm still laughing, though, because when I saw your pic of 1 part Kahlua and then the pic of 1 part Amaretto, I thought you'd already been drinking because your measurements were way off. Took me a second to get the progression. LMAO!

I am reading Twinned for the read along at RobMusement, impatiently waiting for an update on Uncomfortable, started Beyond Time, and am taking a peek at Million Dollar Baby. I'm so easily distracted, though, not to mention the fact that I can't stay from MotU. I just reread the FGB outtake on my lunch break, for example. I'm definitely one of those that wants to drop everything when MotUII updates.

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Naughty HisBella said...

Hi! Thanks for the welcome last week. Appreciate it. I'm thinking this weekend will be my "Brain Destroyer". I actually do have Amaretto in my home, but not the other ingredients. I think My SIL & I might enjoy these.

Million Dollar Baby and MotU II own me right now. I've still got to finish Unaccompanied Soul.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big drinker but this one sounds great. Is Drink & Hide very angsty??? Sounds good, but I need something light right now.

Musing Bella said...

@LwE - I finished it last night & I agree.

@Mox - Dazzled by Twilight has 'em!

@Jen - dunno if I'll be around tomorrow, might be my only time this week with the hubs. BTW, you can't really taste the Irish Cream in this one.

@Lisa - I can't talk to you until Saturday. ;) I was worried about the parts thing, but I didn't want to try pouring a measured shot and then trying to pour it into that little shotglass! LOL - I already make enough of a mess when I do these.

@hisbella - let me know if you try it! I love to hear other people's thoughts on the drinks!

@TM - it's pretty angst-ish. One of my favorite fluffy ones is Breakfast at Tiffany's (by profmom72 and hmonster4). That or Snowed In (by eclipsedawn). Both are linked on my right sidebar toward the bottom.

Black Box said...

@hisbella: Is Unaccompanied Soul finished somewhere?!!! I know it's not on Twilighted. I've been waiting for an update for months.

Naughty HisBella said...

Hi Living With Edward! (Love the blog by the way!) As far as I know, Unaccompanied Soul is not finished. RL got in my way and I am not up to date on it. I know it is on FanFiction too but it's unfinished there too. Maybe we should all as JMC to update soon????

Naughty HisBella said...

@MusingBella: I will most definitely let you know what we (or I) think of the drink.

TongueTwied said...

MB, this looks awesome! I would have never have thought to combine these but hey...it's just a shot.

A couple of my favorite fanfictions just ended and I'm trying to reread them from the beginning.

Well if you can handle a 'Brain Destroyer' then I'm thinking a 'Mind Eraser' would be noooooooooooo problemo for you!

Happy Weekend!

Post a Comment