(I have to admit to being intrigued by "Renesme's Birth")
I present to you all: the Suffering Bastard (or, according to the Twilight Lounge, just "Jacob").
The 'lets got everything ready (for some reason they were very enthusiastic about this drink):

And now I need to determine how much 1 oz is in my new Forks shot glass! So I filled my measuring shot glass with 1 oz of liquid.

Alright, so 1 oz is just to about the top of the circle. Now we're ready to begin!
1oz rum
1/2 oz lime juice
1 oz ginger ale
a dash of bitters
(and try not to make a mess like me)
Stir
Cheers!
Hmm... it's really bitter. My dash of bitters might have been more than necessary, but I'm also thinking there's (relatively speaking) a lot of lime juice in this. It's sour, but not bad, just not at all sweet. I don't like gin and tonic, but I'm thinking someone who does would like this drink... although then I asked TH to try it to test that theory and he said it tastes like paint thinner, so maybe not. However, it got much better as the ice melted and the drink watered itself down. So: not bad.
A new thumb verdict! Started out bad, got better.
While in Forks, I mostly stuck with my standard bar drink: the Malibu (rum) and Coke.
Yum!
I tried not to overdo it because I can't actually handle getting drunk these days. I tend to feel like shit for at least the following day, and I can't sleep (at all) when I'm drunk, which doesn't help things. So I played it safe and had a great time with all my fellow h00rs! Cheers, bitches!
What did you drink in Forks (if you were there)? If you weren't there, what on that Twibations menu might you have ordered by name alone? I'll try to find out the recipe if there's a clear favorite. Mwah!
I think hangovers are the body's way of telling us we didn't drink enough to still be drunk when we woke up the next day. — Tidewater Joe
The 'lets got everything ready (for some reason they were very enthusiastic about this drink):
And now I need to determine how much 1 oz is in my new Forks shot glass! So I filled my measuring shot glass with 1 oz of liquid.
(and try not to make a mess like me)
Hmm... it's really bitter. My dash of bitters might have been more than necessary, but I'm also thinking there's (relatively speaking) a lot of lime juice in this. It's sour, but not bad, just not at all sweet. I don't like gin and tonic, but I'm thinking someone who does would like this drink... although then I asked TH to try it to test that theory and he said it tastes like paint thinner, so maybe not. However, it got much better as the ice melted and the drink watered itself down. So: not bad.
While in Forks, I mostly stuck with my standard bar drink: the Malibu (rum) and Coke.
I tried not to overdo it because I can't actually handle getting drunk these days. I tend to feel like shit for at least the following day, and I can't sleep (at all) when I'm drunk, which doesn't help things. So I played it safe and had a great time with all my fellow h00rs! Cheers, bitches!
What did you drink in Forks (if you were there)? If you weren't there, what on that Twibations menu might you have ordered by name alone? I'll try to find out the recipe if there's a clear favorite. Mwah!
I think hangovers are the body's way of telling us we didn't drink enough to still be drunk when we woke up the next day. — Tidewater Joe

10 comments:
Shocking but I didn't drink in Forks ;) (except water)
But we guessed the Renesmee's birth would be a Bloody Mary LOL!!
I am not surprised the Jacob drink wasn't good it was called Suffering for a reason LOL!!!
First time poster here, but I lurk like a professional. Looking at the menu...Edward's Essence. Or the Dr. Cullen. Wonder what's in 'em? I'm going to go out and get me my own little Edward's to stir my drinks now!
My daughter drank several Busted Headboards. I don't recall what was in them other than Bacardi 151. They were green. She loved them.
Then she got really drunk and started sharing about her sex life - TOO MUCH INFORMATION for mom! I couldn't get her to shut up, so I left her and went into another room. O.o.
Hi new poster, hisbella! How exciting! Alright, I'll see if I can't at least find out what was in those drinks for you.
@DD - I'm thinking of doing a non-alcy post (*gasp!*), do you drink coffee? I can't remember.
@RugbyMom - LMAO! Okay, first of all, I didn't realize you were there and now I'm sad I didn't meet you. Second, your comment is hilarious, because my Mom does the same thing to me, so we are in opposite but VERY SIMILAR positions!! LOL!!
About the only thing I can drink safely without getting a mean migraine is cranberry and vodka. But I love reading about your concoctions!!!
OOH! I remember the Twibations menu and was with you when you read it! So weird...
So it was a little like paint, thinner huh. Well, I like the new 45 degree angle thumb. It makes up for the lack of a shaker pic..lol!!!!
Miss you!!!
xoxooxo
I only had water to drink in Forks. I'm spontanious like that.
I like the new verdict. Some things definitely need a middle ground. But I don't think I could ever drink anything called Ruh-nez-mayz birth.
Am I the only one who is concerned that TH knows what paint thinner tastes like??
This is just too cool now that we have met and shared a toast in FORKS!!
The Twibations list is too funny. I missed that while I was there. The only thing I drank was Bud Light, my usual when boxed wine isn't around. I'm classy like that ;)
I don't even have to think about it twice...I would drink Edward's Essence even if it tasted like paint thinner. LOL!
Lisa
I love your Forks shot glass. I only had red wine and a vodka/pineapple juice on this trip. Edwards essence sounds so dirty. I'm sure it couldn't be that bad!
Never been here before! ..::looks around::.. I like whatcha got goin' on!
Ok, so, I can tell you a couple things: Edward's Essence was a shot of Goldschlager, and Renesmee's Birth was...HILARIOUS. It was basically a cremosa with liquor in it, so when you mixed it up, it looked like afterbirth. This is from Annette herself, the creater of the list, owner of the establishment, and overall awesome goddess supreme.
Miss you bitches. Miss you sumpin' awful. <3!
Post a Comment