Stressed? I'm Here to Help, and So Is Rob

What uuuuuuuup, girlies? I don't know about you, but I have a few reasons to drink this week (despite the fact that I got so lit last weekend I was hungover for a day and a half - *waves at Mrs Fashion*). (1) Work has been crazy stressful; (2) I don't have a copy of Eclipse; and (3) did you know it's almost Christmas? FML. That's right: I asked for Eclipse for Christmas, and then found out it came out on the 4th. TH is (hopefully - if he knows what's good for him) going to get it for me, but I have 2 1/2 weeks to wait for that. So: let's drink.

I found just the thing to drown our sorrows this week - it'll cheer and warm you, and take you far, far away from your troubles. What is this magical drink? The Big Robowski.

What??!! But that rug really tied the room together!

Let's see what we're dealing with here...


Aaaah... should be easy enough. I don't have "dark" rum, but I do have "strong" rum, so I'll just use that.
Don't you feel better already?

Now, the recipe says "Some ice may be necessary," and I have found that it's always best to err on the side of ice. Especially where Edward Rob is concerned.

1 shot Jack Daniels

1 shot Goldschlager

1 shot rum (remember, strong = dark here)

1 shot amaretto

1 shot Southern Comfort

Dump Pour all 5 shots into a glass (with ice)


Add 1 can Cola

Stir (because otherwise it appears the booze is just sitting on the bottom)

Cheers!


And then just lie down on the ground, because you'll be there in a minute, anyway. DAMN, this is strong. I guess it is half alcohol, but it gives you that across-the-shoulders shudder; probably we can blame the Jack for that. It also has a really familiar taste that I can't place - at first I wanted to say it tasted like candy, but I can't quite put my finger on what kind of candy. It's almond-y and whiskey-y and kind of syrup-y, but has the fizz of the cola. I wouldn't recommend it all the time, but it's not bad; it's like candy. I doubt most people have all of these ingredients, though - it's happenstance that I have Goldschlager: I meant to buy Jaegermeister but didn't make a list and got mixed up. I'm glad to have put it to good use.

So, what has you stressed this holiday season? Are you hosting your family's celebration, like TT? Swamped with work like me and Jen? Mourning baseball season, like Lisa? Tell me all about it...

If four or five guys tell you that you're drunk, even though you know you haven't had a thing to drink, the least you can do is to lie down a little while. ~Joseph Schenck

7 comments:

Smitten said...

yeah, that is a lotta booze in one drink. I generally don't care for strong drinks, but it sounds good, so I would probably double the coke or maybe add some soda.

what has me stressed? money (as always), disorganization (my own), my in-laws (I used to think I lucked out... now I've changed my mind), and not enough time for the important things (like twilight, blogs and Rob). :)

Black Box said...

OMG T.Edlet on the ground killed me. So funny! I like things that taste like candy because I like candy.

Anywhosal, a lot of things are stressing me out right now. I'm trying to find a healthy mental state and belief so it doesn't get me down and make things worse. Because things could always be worse. It's important to be grateful for what you do have even when things are shitty. And I'm trying really hard to do that right now.

mrsjbreen said...

Job job job job job has me stressed...
oh, and I am doing all my Christmas goodie baking Saturday and my baking partner's dad died last weekend, so she is (of course it is okay - but doesn't make it any less stressful) leaving all the organizing to me. And I don't just bake cookies -- I bake complex insane treats.

But the good news, I took tomorrow off (yeah)...and I have to say that allowing myself back on twitter and blogs (in moderation) this week has been awesome..I have missed you all so much...I just have to follow that pesky 'in moderation' thing..

You know what, Tuaca on the rocks for me..all the way..2/3 Tuaca 1/3 icewater three glasses of that and I am a happy happy mama.

Dangrdafne said...

"And then just lie down on the ground, because you'll be there in a minute, anyway." BEST LAUGH OF THE WEEK!!!! LOL!!! Thank you

I would just like to get our Christmas letter done so we can send our cards. Other than that, it either gets done or it doesn't. Christmas happens whether I have cookies baked, presents wrapped or house decorated so I am trying to just roll with it all this year.

Good luck to all and to all a goodnight ;)

TongueTwied said...

Well T. Edlet might be on the ground for a minute but HOLY SHIT MB, I'd be on the ground for a week after this drink! LOL!

I am hosting! Do you have a nice spiked eggnog recipe for me? Maybe something called "Egg (nog) on Jacob's Face"???

Musing Bella said...

I do have an eggnog recipe... and you'll just have to check back to see when I post it. ;)

Twired Jen said...

Ok, so everything about this drink is a win...MINUS the Jack. Jack makes me shudder....and gag simultaneously. Maybe I'll try it, sans Jack?

Love these, keep em' coming!

xo J

Post a Comment