The Velvet Kiss

Whaaaat? A Thirsty Thursday post? That's crazy talk!

How have you been, thirsty birds? There's a pretty funny story behind the genesis of this post, which is basically that I accidentally bought diet root beer at the grocery store last Friday. First of all, I don't like root beer and neither does TH. Secondly, diet root beer is like carbonated vomit in a can (I don't really like most diet drinks - that saccharin/aspartame flavor tastes like bad breath to me). I meant to buy TH some diet soda, which he loves, and for some reason the store decided to make diet root beer almost exactly the same color combination as diet soda - close enough that I grabbed the wrong one without really looking at it until the girl was running it along the scanner, and by then I owned it. So: let's drink it! Booze makes everything drinkable.

"She bought diet root beer?"
"She says it was an accident."


The 'lets, everyone! Left to right, they are Edlet and T.Edlet for you new followers I have (hi and welcome!!!)
.

Now, the second part of this story involves the latest fanfic to have pwned me: The Weight of Words by georgeygirl. This story is so well-written and so absorbing, if you haven't read it, make sure you do. It's All-Human and set at a college, kind of reminiscent of The University of Edward Masen, but the story is totally different. And, the best part, she's continuing it past completion in a different story (The Tongue Set Free), so you don't have to say goodbye to her characters! That's my favorite. So, in honor of that story and my grocery store mishap, I give you: The Velvet Kiss.

So simple, yet it will help rid me of one of six cans of disgusting soda.


1.5 oz Amaretto

Pour the Amaretto over ice in a tall glass and fill with root beer
(you can't see the ice, but it's in there!)

A tall, frosty glass of questionable beverage

It's actually not bad. It tastes like root beer, sure, but the amaretto seems to have offset whatever faux-sweetener they've used, so it just tastes like root beer except it starts to warm you up and give you a buzz pretty quickly, so that's nice. All-in-all, I'd say we have a ...

WIN!!!

So now I have a way to make my diet root beer drinkable! Yay! Although, adding booze probably offsets any benefit from it being diet, but oh well. Tell me, what's your least favorite beverage? Mine's a tie between diet root beer and tomato juice.

Mwah!

Men will always delight in a woman whose voice is lined with velvet. ~Brendan Francis

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. ~Ingrid Bergman

8 comments:

Smitten said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who occassionally doesn't pay enough attention to what she is grabbing at the store.

LOL@ "A tall, frosty glass of questionable beverage"

My least favourite drink is also tomato juice. Gross. Just gross. And don't even get me started (too late!) that up here in Canada (eh) there is a tomato/clam juice mix called clamato which is used to make a Caesar, which is like a bastardized version of a Bloody Mary. Blech. I wanna barf just thinking about it.

Darcy said...

Tomato juice is nasty, although I love tomatoes. Any type of pop I am not a fan of, mostly because it gives me the hiccups. And this one is weird, but I hate coffee... way too bitter for me.

Do you have any good whiskey recipes? When we get to Forks, you need to play bartender!

Musing Bella said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates tomato juice (and we have Clamato here, too - I can't even... just, ugh).

Whiskey, eh? I'll see what I can do. And YES I will play bartender!

Black Box said...

I hate coffee. Hate it. I also hate wine and champane and beer. I totally have the taste buds of a six year old.

I loved the line: "A tall, frosty glass of questionable beverage" I LOLed. But I had to quietly because my husband is sleeping. So shhh.

Ps. I love root beer.

Dangrdafne said...

I like water. I like Kool Aid. I like Orange Juice. I like lemonade and I like sweetened ice tea. I figured it was easier to list what I like to drink than what I don't. Oh and I do like Root Beer but I rarely drink soda anymore.

Boy I have missed your Thirsty Thursday posts - the 'lets and the quotes - but mostly you :)

Hope all is well and you enjoy the rest of the diet root beer *shivers*

Jayla said...

oh yummy! must try this one out. thank you.

TheRugbymom said...

WTF is clam juice even made from???? That sounds like some nasty-ass shit right there! I'm not gonna drink it - YOU try it!

Jaymes805 said...

Oh me and LwE have nothing in common lol. Coffee, Champagne and Beer are my three favs.

Um honestly, I hate water. I will go a day without any... sucks. I've been to the ER from dehydration before, I just forget to drink it and think it's too plain. Also hate tequila..the smell alone will make me throw up!

Post a Comment