Gentle Ben

Hallooo, thirstybirds!  This is a little late, but I have had a helluva week, let me tell you.  Among other (much worse and super boring) things, I'm rereading The Saga before the trip.  I'm about halfway through Twilight right now (I'm waaaaaay slower this time than I used to be), and it has reminded me (even though he has yet to appear) that one person I truly miss in the movie versions is Ben Cheney!  This week's Thirsty Thursday drink is, therefore, in his honor!  I give you: Gentle Ben.


Let's get this show on the road!  Or, should I say: 'lets! Get this show on the road!

The 'lets present our ingredients (I made the OJ from concentrate)

 3 oz Tequila
(do you like my shot glass?  The top of the circle is about 1.5 oz, so two of these went in my glass)

3 oz Gin
(if you're following at home, I have only just realized as I'm writing this that the measurements given in the formula are "cl" and not "oz," which only means I put in 3 times what I was supposed to. No big deal... right? We'll see...)

3 oz Vodka
 
A "splash of OJ" 
Here's where I deviated from the formula (on purpose), because 9 oz of booze seemed like, well, kind of a TON.  So I went ahead and filled the glass to about 3/4 full to cut it.

Here's your action shot! Add ice...

Ta-daaa!
Two 'let's and a big Gentle Ben.

So, as you might expect, this tastes like a screwdriver with a kick.  I don't like gin, but I couldn't taste it here, so that was okay.  If I were to make it again, I might try vanilla vodka or something a little sweet to give it a balance.  But it's tasty and goes down smooth.  And, if you don't look at the formula closely and make it super strong like I did...

Heeeere's where I realize I'm completely tanked.
That's not a lot of drink to get to that point.

That shit was strong, yo's!  I was drunk tweeting and drunk texting... if you were on twitter last Friday listening to me talk about Comcast karaoke, well, Gentle Ben was to blame.

A total WIN!
Who wants to come over for karaoke?

"Hit me with your best shot!"
"Fire awaa-haaaay."

So, are you rereading the books with Demanda and me?  Who is in the books that you miss from the movies?  Have you ever read a recipe incorrectly and made something really wrong?  Tell us all about in the comments!

"I used to drink, I did. I had to quit. Man, I was an embarrassing drunk. I'd get pulled over by the cops, I'd be so drunk I'd be out dancing in their lights thinking I'd made it to the next club."    — Bill Hicks

4 comments:

Rikki_DD said...

LOL so now I know what you were drinking when you were telling me about Comcast karaoke! Sounds like I'm going to have to try this drink. I'm doing the audiobook because I have another book that I'm reading at home. I have to admit that there are now moments in the book that I want to switch from Team Edward to Team Tyler's Van.

Dangrdafne said...

Glad to now what caused your crazy Friday last week LOL!!

Seems like Gentle Ben isn't so gentle with the wrong amounts for your ingredients, just sayin'

Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee I like drunk MB. Didya hit up the donut shop shop?

Musing Bella said...

LMAO! Sadly, Kiwi, I stayed home and did not subject anyone (or his girlfriend) to my obnoxious, drunken presence!! And there are no 24-hour shop shops by my house... not that sell donuts, anyway!! This is a sad state of affairs. I think I'll move.

Rikki & DD - yes, now you know!! It's half the battle, right? LOL

Post a Comment