Southern Smile

Hey party peeps! There seems to be an epidemic of Jacksonitis sweeping Twitardia, and what better way to celebrate than to pay homage to the Southern Smile he sports as Jasper in your favorite sparkly vampire quadrilogy? (The 'lets love this idea.)


Now, you will all notice that the instructions tell us to fill a jigger with ice. The 'lets have something to say about that.

This is a jigger (1.5 fl oz)

This is what the instructions mean.

Thanks, Edlet and T.Edlet, for that illuminating demonstration.

Ingredient roll call!

We are using Cranberry Raspberry juice, which will make the drink sweeter. Why? Because it's what I had in the fridge. TH did the shopping, don't ask me.

Fill your cocktail shaker with ice

Fill half of the shaker with juice, or look off into the distance thoughtfully
(one or the other, please don't try to do both at the same time!)

1 shot (or "jigger," if you will) Amaretto

1 shot Southern Comfort (of course)

Everyone shake it!

Pour into shot glasses...

... for everyone...

Happy 'lets love the red color...

... but Musing Bella can't take shots (cracked molar, very painful), so hers goes in a glass.

T.Edlet got some on him.

Cheers!!

YUM. This tastes like a melted cherry popsicle. I expected it to be boozier-tasting, since it was intended to be a shot, but it's delicious and not that strong. I think it would be really good in a martini glass, actually, with a little sugar on the rim and some sort of garnish. Mint, maybe? To keep with the southern theme?

Success!!

Next week, stay tuned for something involving props! I know you're as excited as I am...

In the meantime, how is your summer going??? Let me know in the comments...

A drunk was in front of a judge. The judge says "You've been brought here for drinking." The drunk says "Okay, let's get started." ~ Henny Youngman

11 comments:

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Mmm. A milted cherry Popsicle. That does sound good. I wish I had one right now.

Anonymous said...

Ohh..this sounds delish...but I looove amaretto. I think I should extend Jasperpants day for a few more hours so we can enjoy a drink in his honor!!!!!

Love the shake pic...as usual...lolol!

Twired Jen said...

I second Mrs. P and LOVE Amaretto.

My Summer...well it's just starting. San Diego was gloomy all of May, June, July and Aug....finally it's sunny and hot. I'm not loving being HOT, but I'm loving the sun.

xo J

TongueTwied said...

Sounds yummy! Love an ode to Jasper! And the 'lets didn't even mind!

*california gurls they'll melt your popsicle whoa whoa*

That's my summer song, and your description reminded me of it. ;)

I was looking for this yesterday because I was confused and thought yesterday was Thursday! *pacefalm*

17foreverlisa said...

What do you know? I'm on time to the party. The drink looks mighty fine, ma'am.

My summer's been great. Eclipse nine times and counting. Nuff said. LOL!

Lisa

P.S.: I'd like to jigger Jackson (she said that).

Black Box said...

MB, I love this post, as usual. The 'lets add so much. The shaker pic was awesome. I loved "or stare out into the distance thoughtfully." I am in some tears laughing. So funny. I don't even drink and I love these posts. That has to tell you something about your bloggy skillz.

Dangrdafne said...

I love the very first picture - the 'lets are like ta dahhh here is the jigger - too cute and funny.

I am with LwE, you know I don't drink but I come here every Thursday to see what you and the 'lets (I like that "nickname") are up to :)

Summer is BUSY!! I am just finishing up a work trip in Houston - can not wait to get home tomorrow and the sleep in on Saturday.

smartEpantz said...

I missed you last week!!! I may forgive your absence after I have several of these drinks though...

SoCo used to be my drink of choice, so it should be like revisiting an old friend. An old drunk friend.

You already know how my summer is going...shit sandwiches aren't very delicious, but they sure are filling! I'm on the final countdown though. 11 days till my anniversary, 20 days till my biggity birfday, and 30 days until a heavenly week at a cabin on a lake and nary a ginger kid within a 400 mile radius...ahhhhhhh. CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!!!!

Sorry about your toof. :( I think I'd rather be anally raped with a rusty nail file than go through that torture.

Love your face!
xoxo
E

smartEpantz said...

Ummmm yeeaahhh...I apparently forgot when my own birthday is. I told you I needed serious help. No lie.

mmMoxie said...

mmmmmm make mine a double!

Jayla said...

yum- that drink sounds as good as jackson looks :-)

my summer is officially over- mini jayla is back from a summer with grandma... but mom had great summer overall.

Post a Comment