Apocalypse Now! (A Thirsty Thursday Request Fulfilled)

You'll remember, in last week's post, Edlet and T.Edlet were unhappy with me because I had made several drinks in a row that were inspired by Twilight characters other than Edward. Let's see what they've been up to since then...

"I'm tired of all this focus on un-Edwardian characters in MusingBella's Thirsty Thursday posts."
"Me, too, but I don't know what we can do about it."
"Oh, I have an idea. Come with me."


"She left her e-mail open, and a friend of hers had sent her a request for a drink awhile ago."
"Dude, this thing is dated May 5th."
"Yeah, she's been dragging her heels because it sounds like ass."

"See, with just these four liquors, she - and her friend and everyone else - thinks it'll be awful."
"Judging from the experiences she's had, she has good reason to be wary."
"Sure, sure. But I think we should make it for her and make her drink it."
"What will that prove?"
"That she should do things our way or face the consequences."

"Okay, but I'm not sure we have all the ingredients. Do you know where she keeps stuff?"
"Oh yeah. I'm a nosy bastard. I know where everything is."


"Dudes. Is this a good idea?"

"OK. Here's the first thing..."

"... and here are these..."

"Don't worry, Edlet, I've got it."

"OK. So, see? We have everything. And the recipe just says equal parts, so how hard can that be?"

"Alright, I'm in. I've got the glass."
"Excellent! Thanks, bro!"
"Let's not call each other bro."
"..."
"Hahaha - get it??? 'LET's not call each other bro'?? Hahaha!!"
"Oh, Edlet, you slay me!!!"
"Baaahahahaha!"

"Help me get this first one..."

1 oz 151 proof rum

"In you go!"

1 oz Jagermeister

1 oz Jose Cuervo

1 oz RumpleMinze

"Last, but not least!"

"OK, let's stir this bad boy."
"Hahaha! 'Let's'!! That never gets old."
"Your Mom never gets old."
"Yo, dude. She's dead. That's low."
"Sorry. My previous owner always loved 'Your Mom' jokes."

"OK, now what?"
"We call her and offer her the drink. Follow my lead."


"MusingBella!" "MusingBellaaaa!!"

"Yeah, guys?"
"We made you a drink!"
"You did?? That's so sweet!"
"Well, we know you've been stressed out lately, so..."
"You guys are so sweet! Thanks!"

*snicker* *chortle* *chuckle* *guffaw*
Cheers, guys!

Hmm... once I saw the ingredients, I thought this would taste like ass, but it's drinkable. It's almost good. It's very minty and whiskey-ish (which is funny, what with the lack of whiskey). It's SUPER strong, and liable to get you tanked in twenty minutes. But it didn't make me vomit, I just did that this-is-super-strong wriggle after each sip. Definitely a sipper.

A very intoxicated, mostly WIN!
"Whatever."
"We tried. We're going on strike."

Oh no! The 'let's are quitting! Whatever will we all do???

Too late we learn, a man must hold his friend
Unjudged, accepted, trusted to the end.
~ John Boyle O'Reilly

6 comments:

Black Box said...

ROTFLMAO!!! I loved it!! I was most enteratained the entire time. My favorite part was definitely the your mom joke thing. So hilarious. And T.Edlet remembers me. Awwww. Thank you for posting this. So fun!

Ps. I hope you can talk the 'lets into not quitting.

My After Car said...

Perfect! Now I know what to slip Rob when I finally meet him in Baton Rouge. "Here, drink this, it goes with Hot Pockets... yes, every last sip. Now put your arms into this strait jacket..." :)

17foreverlisa said...

I know, I'm early. Maybe it really is the Apocalypse ;)

Hilarious, MB. I love that the last picture is slightly blurry and appropriately captioned: A very intoxicated, mostly WIN!

Cheers!

Dangrdafne said...

I could totally here Living with Edward in this post LOL!!! Awesomely hilarious post MB!

I love the 'lets holding the rum bottle. So sweet that not only did they get a drink they wanted made but they actually made it!!

Please don't "let" the let's quit. Your Mom would cry.

Jayla said...

MB: Your 'mostly win' cracked me up. Yes, those ingredients do sound like ass... glad it didn't taste like one. Hope the 'lets are nicer to you next time around.

Demanda said...

Your pictures are a riot!!!!!!! =)

Reading your post is making my mini E (Swagga E) a LITTLE pissed. That lil guy is right behind me and I haven't taken a picture of him since FORKS!!

I'm going to have to take you on your word about the drink being drinkable. I don't know if I could mix those together and not spit it out!

Post a Comment