Alright, I'm sure you are all aware that next week is Cinco de Mayo. (If you don't know what day that falls on, get off my blog.) There's nothing I like better than an excuse for drinking, so let's celebrate! Since it falls on a fucking Wednesday, I figured I needed to get you gals (and fella) ready now so you can celebrate properly. And how do we celebrate? With a little concoction I found called Cinco de Rob-o.
I'm not even kidding. See?
TH: What are you making this time?
MB: Well, I always try to make Twilight-themed things, so this week it's Cinco de Rob-o in preparation for Cinco de Mayo.
TH: Wait, who's Rob?
I explained who Rob is (I'm sure you all know, so I'm not going to write it all out).
TH: They named a drink after him?
To be honest, as I told TH, I can't be sure. So let's pretend "they" DID name it for Rob! W00T!
Alright, let's see the ingredients...
This is DELICIOUS and refreshing! It tastes like lemon and ginger (big surprise), and honestly it reminds me of this elixir thing a bakery I used to work at sold. It was a tea concentrate or something that we would mix with soda water which was supposed to be healthy and beneficial in different ways (one flavor was supposed to be an energy boost, etc) and the lemon ginger one was my favorite. This tastes like that (which doesn't help you any, but was a trip down memory lane for my tastebuds). It's really, REALLY good and doesn't make me want to vomit on the floor at all. (Probably the ginger ale helps.)
Aaaaah! Well, happy Cinco de Rob-o to all of you! Let me know if you try this at home and what you think! Happy drinking!
Now tequila may be the favoured beverage of outlaws but that doesn't mean it gives them preferential treatment. In fact, tequila probably has betrayed as many outlaws as has the central nervous system and dissatisfied wives. Tequila, scorpion honey, harsh dew of the doglands, essence of Aztec, crema de cacti; tequila, oily and thermal like the sun in solution; tequila, liquid geometry of passion; Tequila, the buzzard god who copulates in midair with the ascending souls of dying virgins; tequila, firebug in the house of good taste; O tequila, savage water of sorcery, what confusion and mischief your sly, rebellious drops do generate!
~ Tom Robbins





12 comments:
Nice!!!!!!!! Bottoms up!!!!! It was really good, Huh??? I'll have to try it...
I lovev the photo of Rob drinking against the poster wall...i had never seen it before!
Cheers!
Love the commentary. Optimists cracked me up as did the Stich Stir Stick. Never say that fast when drunk.
HunterHunting would love your original glass choice. Love the swizzle stick, @TwitardedMom - I wouldn't even try to say your line while sober ;) LOL
I am glad this drink was better than last week's but how could it not, it is named after Rob ;)
Again, another engaging and exciting look into the beverage adventures of MB!
One thing stuck out to me here, and I'm probably the only one given my unique perspective. Let me find it... here we go.
TH: Wait, who's Rob?
Was this real?
I would totally drink that shit!
I'm a litle disappointed that you didn't get to drink Rob out of a Beaver...that would've been an experience. ;)
I am LUUURRRRVVIIINNGG your playlist btw...I must email you.
xoxo
E
This was aMusing as always and very enticing pictures of Rob you found. Imagine him drinking beer, gasp!
How does your hubby not know who Rob is? Do you just refer to Rob as "my boyfriend" in front of him like I say to Mr. AnTwi-Pattz?
I giggled at Stitch in there!
Word on the internet May 5this also the day of taping Oprah so how is THAT for cinco de Rob-O!
You went on the Disney Cruise Line? Me too! Best entertainment of any cruise but of course, it was Disney!
Hey thanks everyone! I had a root canal yesterday at 7am, so I was out of commission for the rest of the day - couldn't even bring myself to check the computer, too exhausted. So this is lovely to wake up to on Friday!
@mrPantz & TT - Hubs doesn't know who Rob is because I'm not Robsessed. He knows who Edward is. But I think he thought "Rob" was a character he had somehow missed. You can read all about my lack of Robsession (if you missed it) here: http://musingbella.blogspot.com/2010/04/im-coming-out.html
@TT - YES< I love the Disney Cruise Line! I love cruising, in general - what a good vacation for lazy people like me! We went on a Bahamanian cruise for the last three days of our honeymoon on Disney, it was great!
sorry to hear about the root canal. never fun. but hopefully you've got some sweet drugs for the next couple of days? :)
*checking archive, reading post, commenting here instead of there...* awesome!!! as a hubtard it is great to read your healthy stance on the situation. i think it's a little extreme and crazy for women who don't REALLY know him (yeah, i said it. WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW HIM) to get all twisted up about him being with KStew.
seriously? you're actually upset about him dating her? you actually have hostile feelings for KStew because she's with him? as if he would be wih you if only he wasn't with her? let's bring it down out of the clouds a little. not trying to burst any bubbles here, but c'mon. give the man a shot at having his own life!!! (seriously. don't get me started on celebrity worship...)
checking the news.... yup. it's confirmed. MB's stock just skyrocketed!!!! and it was already pretty damn high to begin with.
p.s. i don't like cheesecake either. :) erm, well, i DO like cheesecake, but i don't think that's what you were talking about...
I know it's Friday, but I'm still thirsty. Does that count? And I cannot believe you found a drink called Cinco de Rob-o. LMAO!!
The drink sounds really good, actually, but I had a hard time concentrating on the ingredients because the pics of Rob drinking were giving me a buzz (that's what she said). God I want to meet Drunk Rob. I need him to have his beer goggles on when he meets me ;)
Great post again, MB!
Lisa
so do you take requests? i just remembered a drink recipe i found online a couple of years back taht i've been dying to see someone try... obviously if you have your next year's worth of drinks planned out, that's cool. just wondering...
vw - dider - "yeah, i dider" lol, i'm such a dork
Mr Pantz - thanks for reading my old post, I'm glad you like my stance on the Robsessed issue. ;) My stocks are up? Can I cash those suckers in???
I will take requests - email me your drink (musingbellagmail), and I will work it in! (If I have the ingredients or only need one or two things at the store... I'm not made of money yet. ;)
@Lisa - OOOOOOHHHHH, the drinks I have that revolve around the Twilight theme, Robward, specifically. *cackles* But Cinco de Rob was too funny, I agree. I'm glad I found it before now or I would have been kicking myself!
ALSO _ I just got my 30th follower!! YAY!
@Lisa: I want to meet drunk Rob too! LMAO!
@ MB: Somehow I missed this. I mean I didn't miss it completely, I saw it on my blog role, but somehow I didn't click on it. You know how it is trying to keep up. I have blog OCD and want to read everyone's posts right when they're posted. I think I need to chill and learn to go at a slower steadier pace, then I wont miss anything! That drink sound delish, and I love how you walk us thru it!
Happy Drinko de Mayo!!!
xo J
Post a Comment