I have been drooling over fan fic like a crazy person. Are you ready? Only a few recs this time, since most of my drooling has been over what I recommended last time. ;-)
The Naked Guy Upstairs by AngryBadgerGirl (Twilighted and FanFiction.net)
This is a fun AH one. There's a little angst, but not much, and it casts Alice and Rosalie as some crude, slutty BFFs for Bella, which is fun to read. The flirting between Bella and Edward is some of the best I've read, and it includes Twitter status updates, which it is rumored one can actually follow for real.
Hiding in Plain Sight by limona (Twilighted and FanFiction.net)
I got hooked on this one while serving jury duty, and it is good. It's all-human and revolves around Bella being a star witness against the Volturi (a mafia), and so far it is gripping. Bella vacillates between the shy girl we all know and love and an adult woman who won't take any shit and insists on standing up for her beliefs. This is a really good fic.
Scotch, Gin, and the New Girl by withthevampsofcourse and jandco (FanFiction.net only)
I started this Monday and am already done with it. It is so much fun. It's an h.s. all-human fic, and it reminds me of Gossip Girl, Heathers, and Cruel Intentions, all rolled up with Twilight (which is intentional, as they reference all of those). I lurve the Jasper in this fic, especially. I want to lick him.
Past and Present by GiveUsaKiss413 (Twilighted and FanFiction.net)
This is an Alternate Universe story. The summary from Twilighted: "Bella is a centuries old vampire by the time Twilight happens. She's a dear friend of Carlisle's that hasn't seen him in nearly a century. She has her reasons. Carlisle has lied to Edward about the woman he doesn't remember by never telling him about her or about Edward's own past. What could have happened?" It is so freaking good. She alternates between past and present (thus the title) and the story comes together little by little. The ending is surprising, but totally works. I love this vampBella, the little vixen.
...
And for those of you who want a physical book, I recommend the Lacey Trilogy by Philippa Gregory. This takes place in 18th century England, and revolves around a twisted family. The books are Wideacre, The Favored Child, and Meridon, and must be read in order. If you were a fan of V.C. Andrews when you were younger (as I was), I think you will love this series. Philippa Gregory also wrote The Other Boleyn Girl, which was made into a movie, and is part of a really great series, as well. I recommend all of her work, but this trilogy is good place to start.
Happy reading, kittens!!
Happy Birthday Mom- from Baby Pantry
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment