Fan Fic Recs

Oh, hai there, girlies... just immersed in some lovely reading!!

Earlier, here, I shared with you what I am currently reading (just finished one of those today!), and now I'd like to share some of the fan fic I've read that I think you will like. I am going to be all type A and organize it into some categories for you. I'm not going to re-recommend anything from my last recommendation post (here, not the one from earlier in the week), and, this time around, these will all be completed fics, so you won't need to wait for updates or anything. Ready? It's tiiiime...


Sweet & Fun, Not Super Long (Lisa, look here!!)

Breakfast at Tiffany's by HMonster4 and ProfMom72
Summary from fanfiction.net:
Edward admires Bella from afar, until a chance meeting convinces him to send her messages in the Tiffany's window. Can their two worlds merge beyond the grand gesture? <---This one is the longest at 34 chapters. WORTH IT. Alphabet Weekends by the-glory-days
Summary from ff.net:
Bored with their dismal sex lives, best friends Edward and Bella come up with the idea of exploring the world of sex using the alphabet for the next twenty-six weekends. What happens when things go from two friends having fun to something serious? <---I lied. Tied for the longest, also 34 chaps. Wendy's by KatieBelleCullen
Summary from ff.net:
Bella can't stop thinking about the silent yet intense boy who watches her at school. What happens when they meet, late at night, at Wendy's? <---Two chapters. 2. Go read it right now.


Canon Spin Offs or Alternate Forks in the Road (TwiredJen, these are for YOU!!)

While You Were Gone by Laura Cullen
Summary from Twilighted:
What if the wolf pack hadn't interrupted Laurent before he bit Bella? This is the story of Bella being changed despite Edward leaving her to prevent it from happening.

Rated for later chapters. Just like in New Moon, Edward will make an appearance eventually!

Daedalus in Exile by EZRocksAngel
Summary from ff.net:
After leaving Forks, Edward follows a path of weakness and isolation while eventually seeking redemption from the only person who can absolve him. (EPOV)

Dirty Dancing With the Devil Herself by JayJayHale
Summary from Twilighted:
Edward left Bella, forcing his family to stay away from her. Six years onwards, the Cullens are a mess without Bella and Emmett decides to get away from his angry, angst ridden family and let loose. What he finds in the meanest biker bar in Seattle will send shockwaves through his entire family.


All-Human

Awake In The Infinite Cold by quothme
Summary from ff.net:
Sometimes the fruit is forbidden for a reason. A mélange of Twilight and How to Be, with an Artward who so carefully and so softly sneaks under her skin and into her soul. Not your typical E/B romance.

Scotch, Gin, and the New Girl by withthevampsofcourse
Summary from ff.net:
"Les Liaisons Dangereuses, je croix. We were Cruel Intentions. We are Gossip Girls. We do not care. At all." <--- this is actually a very good description, as cryptic as it might be! Tropic of Virgo by In.A.Blue.Bathrobe
Summary from ff.net:
He's a young but jaded musician writing lyrics for his band, and she's a naive, frustrated poet looking to break out of her shell; their words collide online. What happens when they meet in high school, unaware of their literary connection?

Snowed In by eclipsedawn
Summary from Twilighted:
Bella travels to Alaska to vacation in the cabin Alice loaned her. What happens when Bella finds out she is not the only person staying in the cabin? <--- the first AH fic I read. LOVE IT. All-Vampire

Marble and Mahogany by letmesign
Summary from ff.net:
Bella is broken and unstable, trying desperately to start her own life after leaving her creator. Edward feels doomed to an eternity of wandering alone and finds himself hoping to find a mate for the first time in his existence. AU--some dark themes.

Past and Present by GiveUsAKiss413
Summary from Twilighted:
Bella is a centuries old vampire by the time Twilight happens. She's a dear friend of Carlisle's that hasn't seen him in nearly a century. She has her reasons. Carlisle has lied to Edward about the woman he doesn't remember by never telling him about her or about Edward's own past. What could have happened?


Alternate Universe (I'm gonna use this to cover everything that doesn't fit one of the above)

Carpe Noctem & Fiat Lux by queenofgrey
Summary from ff.net:
Endless midnight brings about a desire for morning, a longing for something more. Dark & light. Push & pull. Crash & burn. When Edward collides with Bella, it's up to them to find the balance, if the night doesn't consume them first.<--- RRREEEEAAALLLLYYYYY good. Dark, but super awesome. Very good ending, not what you'd expect.

________________________________________________

OK, so that about covers the ones I've really loved and hadn't recc'd yet. Hopefully there's something there for everyone! Sorry to just include the summaries from the sites, but I think they're best for a brief description; I might give too much away left to my own devices! Obviously I like them and thought they were great - I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't like them!
Have you read any of these? What did you like/dislike? Tell me in the comments...

4 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

Please don't ever delete these posts. I need to come back and add these after I finish what I currently have on my list.

I read Wendy's though a bit ago - holy hottness - I may or may not have saved that one to my computer ;)

TongueTwied said...

I need a national Fanfiction holiday weekend so I can celebrate fanfiction by reading it all day!

Thanks for hooking us up with these recs MB!

17foreverlisa said...

Thanks for the breakdown and for pointing me in the right direction for some "quickies." LOL!!

Lisa

Musing Bella said...

Hey Lisa, anything I can do to hook a girl up with a quickie, I'm all about it. ;)

@DD - I won't delete them, I promise!

Glad you guys liked the recs! I've decided I can't start anything new until some of these are complete and I can finish them!! LOL

Post a Comment