Thirsty Thursday: the Vampire's Kiss

OK, kittens! Are you ready for some drinking? I know I am.

I have an app on my iTouch called "Drinks Free" and I found some drinks we might all be interested in... based on their names. First up: The Vampire's Kiss!

My inspiration

Here are my ingredients all lined up...

Aaand, right away I've fucked up, because TH tells me V-8 (which we already had in the house) is way different than tomato juice. They're both gross, IMO, so I figured it wouldn't matter. He thinks it will. Time and tastebuds shall tell who was right.
Ice is necessary for shaking and serving The Vampire's Kiss. Y'know, 'cause they're coooold.

Serve in a lowball

So I measured out my ingredients...
2 oz Vodka

Get in there...

1/2 oz dry Gin

1/2 oz Dry Vermouth

1 T Tequila
2 oz Tomato Juice (or V-8?)
...and a pinch of salt (no picture)...
...shake it like a Polaroid picture...

Strain over ice

Cheers!!

...

And then I gagged and nearly threw up all over the kitchen. OH MY GOD, do not try this drink. Or, if you try it, use tomato juice and not V-8. BLECH! It tasted like vodka and salt.
If this is what kissing Edward is like, I'll pass, thanks.

Oh, and I guess TH wins the "you don't want to make that with V-8" argument. I don't want to make it AT ALL, but especially never again with V-8. Yick.

I have a drink already picked out for next week, and, based on its ingredients, I have high hopes that it will be delicious. So check back for that. Happy drinking!

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. ~Henny Youngman

12 comments:

Jayla said...

@musing: yea- you lost me @ gin and then the tomato juice sealed the deal. i loath bloody mary's- and this soudned like a suped up bloody mary.

for the record i love v-8 juice :-)

Dangrdafne said...

I know you what you were doing - you were trying to make alcohol healthy by adding your V8 to get your serving of veggies for the day. Sorry it didn't work. You were probably onto something with that trick. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I don't care much for tomato juice or V8 either. Mr. TM does, so I might forward this to him.

Love your quote at the end.

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

I was so happy to see you try out this drink than I think I just about died laughing at your reaction.

Thanks for letting us know. That was awesome!

smartEpantz said...

Who the motherfuck created that evil concoction? And then was all like "Yeah, I need to get the word out on this bitch!" Huh?

Unless they knew how nasty it was and wanted to get some sort of revenge against humanity. I guess I could see that being a possibility.

I couldn't get past the Gin...I fucking yak at the smell of Gin. I'd rather eat a bucket of pine needles. Blerg.

I love tomato/V8 juice, and they do indeed taste very different. Maybe the low sodium variety would have tasted better? Um. Probly not.

Next time just grab some limes and hunker down with the Jose. WIN!!!

xoxo
E

Musing Bella said...

Yeah, I fucking hate gin, too. I just liked the name of the drink to kick off my cocktail series. ;-) No more tomato juice drinks though - yick.

@Jayla - I've never actually had a bloody mary, but they always sounded gross. Now I know for sure.

@DD - LOL, you figured me out! Sadly, it didn't work. I have a recipe that has ice cream in it, and I'm sure that one will be as delicious as it is NOT healthy. Why can't healthy things taste as good as unhealthy ones??!! *stomps foot*

@TM - let us know how he likes it if he tries it!

@HG - LOL, don't try this at home!!

@sEp - I have no idea, but I hate them, whoever they are. Jose and I have a date later. ;)

TongueTwied said...

your presentation was a great laugh tonight!!!

I would have substituted something fruity like mango juice for the tomato juice or V8 Splasher juices. I can't do tomato juice. I never understood those people who can eat tomatoes like apples either. **cringes and shakes head to shake off that thought**

I'm sure that is nothing like kissing Edward! His breath is "sweet."

PS- I saw a woman in a full navy blue track suit today and I had to look to see if it said Team Edward on it. I had to!!! But it was adidas, which is so yesterday!

Twired Jen said...

Awesome MB! Sorry the drink sucked. I love v8.....I wonder if you could have used "Mr. T's Spicy Bloody Mary Mix?" Hmmmm....And, LOVE the pics! I'm very visual...so it was perfect for preventing scrollitis!
xo J

17foreverlisa said...

...shake it like a Polaroid picture... LMAO!!!

I agree with everyone else. I can't stand tomato juice or V8, so you are brave to even try it.

Around the holidays, my husband and I went to the bar our daughter part-time bartends at. A lot of her friends (who know I'm Twitarded) were there and they wanted me to do a shot with them. My daughter handed me a book that had the names of shots to look at. Naturally, I started looking for anything related to my obsession. The only thing I could find was "The Vampire." It tasted like freaking cough medicine and was SO nasty.

Oh, well. Way to take one for the team, MB. Until next week . . . cheers!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome post. I can't explain how much I enjoyed it. Not only was it thoroughly creative, but I can fully appreciate how much time it took you to prepare for and make that post from the ground up. and as a reader i would like to say thank you for the effort! i did indeed laugh my ass off.

edwardsisobel said...

I used to love V8 but a little accident involving a plastic bag fail, 2 large glass bottles of V8, my narrow hallway and V8 stains up the walls and leaking between the floorboards cured me of my obsession. Plus the gin is a deal breaker blagh!

Love your post with your step by step adventure pics....looking forward to the next experiment!

Not sure if I will be joining you in sampling, the last time I had cocktails was New Years Eve and one my friends hubby's bartendering from recipes from his iPhone app and he was VERY generous with the servings....I have vague flashes of memory of many many different concoctions being consumed, said friends hubby adjusting one of my bra straps????, some bits of conversation of favourite sexual positions, another friend admitting that she had kissed several girls at college, said friend kissing me on the cheek and giving me lots of hugs....that friends hubby looking v excited by cheek kissing....deciding that I maybe should stop drinking....and go home!

Maybe just one won't hurt???

Musing Bella said...

@TT - I might try your drink suggestion and use, like, cranberry juice instead of tomato. That would still look like blood, right? Although gin is still nasty, so...

@Jen, Lisa, and Mr Pantz - glad you guys liked it!! This was the original intent behind Thirsty Thursdays, it just took me awhile to amass the necessary liquor! So stay tuned!

@Edwardsisobel - LMAO, yes, one should be okay, unless someone roofies you (I'd watch out for those friends of yours).

MWAH! Tomorrow is FRIday!!!!

Post a Comment