Blue Motorcycle - Don't Drink and Drive

Hey, thirsty birds! I have chosen a very boozy drink this week, and it was chosen in honor of the new clip shown at last weekend's MTV awards, which made me blue (which, in turn, makes me want to drink) for three reasons: (a) Bella would never get on Jake's bike and ride away with him right in front of Edward, (b) Edward would never have let her go like that, and (c) Jacob is a shrimp! For those reasons, I give you this week's drink: the Blue Motorcycle.*

The Blue Motorcycle has so many ingredients, I had to take another photo to show them all:

As usual, I lined up my ingredients.

That took awhile! Now I need a drink!

The instructions say to "build over ice in a Collins glass," so...


1 1/2 oz Tequila

1 1/2 oz Rum
(turns out I didn't have regular, so I'm using Silver Spiced)

1 1/2 oz Vodka

1 1/2 oz Gin
(I know, I know, some of us hate gin - there should be enough other liquors in here to drown the disgusting flavor of it)

1 1/2 oz Blue Curacao
(I am almost out! I looooved blue drinks when I was younger - this curacao has been mine since about 2004...)

Fill with Sour Mix

LMAO - this is the "splash of 7-up" - it is fucking HARD to take a photo and add a "splash" at the same time!!

Aaaahhhh - our finished drink! Cheers!

OK, so the way I always do these posts is that I make the drink and I drink it while I upload the photos and write the post. Right now, this is my drink:


...and I am TANKED. Thank Edward this thing has spell-check. Of course, it's 6:14 pm and the last thing I had to eat was at around 2:30, so I'm drinking on an empty stomach (more or less). But still: whew! Quite the boozy beverage, y'all!

OK, it tastes like a sweeter version of a Long Island Iced Tea (which I also used to looooove before I got all old and stodgy and unable to hold my liquor - I'm not kidding you: at 23, I could put back two-and-a-half Long Islands and NOT NOTICE. I drank three when out for the night, just to get lit). My poor husband is trying to study for his final and I'm telling him long-winded stories. I think he's getting a little irritated. I offered to help him study later and he said, "That's okay..." I think the omitted phrase there was, "...you drunk."

This is a heavy-duty drink, folks. And pretty tasty, although it makes me shake my head back and forth after a big gulp - like people do in movies after taking shots of whiskey - I think that's because of the Sour Mix content.

YUM-O, is what I say. Exactly the remedy needed to recover from the shite that was the motorcycle clip we saw on Sunday (and since).


Now, I know some of you have expressed wonder at the contents of my liquor cabinet. Honestly, a few bottles were bought specifically for Thirsty Thursdays, and I need to go shopping for some more things. But most of the booze I have was either gifted to me and TH, or I took from the separation of the house I lived in when I was 22-24 with 5 other folks. It was a theater house (directly across the street from the back door of a porn store, so I can tell you some stories, fo sho), in that we were almost all working actors at the time, and we had parties to write home about (although I'm fairly sure no one did). When we all moved out, we split the extensive bar fairly: each of us chose one bottle at a time until everything was spoken for. This is how I got my now-almost-empty bottle of Blue Curacao (and a half-full bottle of Blackberry Brandy, if anyone knows to what use I can put that). Aaaaaaanyway (see what I mean about long-winded? Poor TH), here's a pic of my Liquor Cabinet:
Aaaaand what I like to refer to as the Liquor Annex:

We bought a five-pack of Tortuga rum when we were in the Bahamas during our honeymoon - I use it sparingly. This is also where the Tequila lives - I hadn't put it away yet when I took the photo. The Vodka and TH's JD live in their own little homes (i.e. wherever they fit). So now you know.

Wow, this is a meandering Thirsty Thursday post.

OK, I'll wind this up. You all know I'm back from my mini-hiatus, more or less, although I don't have anything lined up, just ideas in my head. So look forward to those. Cheers!!

You can have me the way I am — bad behavior included — or not at all. ~ Jacob Black, Eclipse Chapter 15, p.329

O God, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains! that we should, with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause, transform ourselves into beasts! ~William Shakespeare, Othello


*Don't drink and drive. Especially not on motorcycles. :) However, drinking and then going to comment on other blogs is perfectly acceptable behavior. Be safe.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The splash photo makes up for the lack of a shake photo...lolol!!!!! I love Long Island Iced Teas, so if this tastes anything like it than I will love this as well. Loved the meandering post and a look at the annex...and the shakespearian quote! Bottoms up!

Jayla said...

MB: Yum- looks good!

In homage to 100 Monkey's album (Grape) here is the recipe for
Grape Soda....

1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1/2 oz blackberry brandy
1/2 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur
1/2 oz vodka
2 oz cranberry juice
1 oz sweet and sour mix
1/4 oz Sprite® soda


Fill a collins glass with ice then build the drink starting with the blue curacao. After you pour the cranberry juice you'll want to give it a good shake and then fill with a splash of soda.

smartEpantz said...

No wonder you were so lit up last night! Holy balls that is an assload of booze...do you have the shakes today?? LOL!
I think I would actually try this drink despite my lack of affection for gin and vodka. I like blue drinks. :)
I am more interested in hearing about the back door porn shop shenanigans...tell me something perverted!

xoxo
E

TongueTwied said...

Ummm...was your hubby's omitted line, "you drunk" as in calling you a name or was he just pointing out "you're drunk." and you were too drunk to get it right? LMAO

This looks smashing. You forgot to take a picture of your blue 'stache from drinking this!

Ummm, blackberry brandy. My grandmother always suggested it for a sore throat at night before you go to sleep. Grandma had a lot of sore throats.

Actually I have an infamous party where we all partook in Blackberry Brandy because a bottle was left for us by the previous homeowners as a gift (they were senior citizens) LOL

PornShopPost coming soon on Cheaper than Therapy! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Twired Jen said...

Totally used to drink these & NOT get f*cked up. They were called "Adios Mother Fuckers." Basically blue Long Island iced teas w/ blue curacao & sweet n sour.

I liked "Blue Motorcycle" better :)
And you know what's funny? Our liquor cabinets almost match exactly!

Great post as always!

xo J

Twired Jen said...

PS...i would totally get fucked up now though :) Might have to try it.

edwardsisobel said...

Ooh me too, me too, love the blue drinks. I had a few blue lagoons last weekend for ma birthday! YUM. This looks much more potent. Liked the dash action photo. Spectacular.

Musing Bella said...

@Jayla - YAY! Thanks!! I have everything but Chambord, so that's on my list now, and once I get it, you will see that drink here. ;)

@TT - I meant it like he was calling me a name, LMAO, but I think your theory works, too!

@Jen - I've had an AMF before! That's what this is? I never knew the ingredients, how funny. And of course our liquor cabinets match, we're twins!

mmMoxie said...

Looks delish! Maybe I need to drink a few of those before I see Eclipse so that the fact that Jacob is a shrimp doesn't bother me as much.

sparkle for twilight said...

A while ago I had this fascination with blue curacao... don't know why, so this post was perfect! Have you ever noticed that buying "novelty" alcohols lasts forever? I had a bottle of orangcello that lasted through more than half of college and I still have it.

PS. The MTV preview, I didn't see (fast forwarded it) but I couldn't help but notice that Bella had her hoodie on. Why? I thought that was weird in itself.

17foreverlisa said...

Here I am again on Sexy Saturday, MB :)

Your licker cabinet and annex put mine to shame. We're so boring. My husband drinks Bud Light 97% of the time. The other 3% of the time, he drinks Captain Morgan and Coke. I don't drink at all. I just tried the Charlie drink because of peer pressure ;)

Seriously, though, love the post, the commentary, and the endorsement for the drink.

So is that TH's legs/feet in the background? LOL!

@Jayla - Very clever.

Lisa

Post a Comment