Yeah, that's right. It's Sunday, 2:30pm PST, and I've had a drink. It was a rough week last week and I deserved it. You don't think I just drink for Thursdays, do you? As always, I assembled my ingredients:
Edlet is now an important part of the process.
Before the coffee got cold, I needed to get to work.
1 shot Amaretto
1 shot Baileys
Fill with coffee (in an Irish Coffee mug or the closest available option)
Top with whipped cream and float Grand Marnier. I don't have whipped cream, and I don't have Grand Marnier. But I DO have orange liqueur. What's the real difference?
TH says to "float" something, you want to pour it slowly over the back of a spoon. This would be easier if there were whipped cream on top. And if I weren't trying to take a photo at the same time.
Ta-daa!!! Cheers, ladies!
OME, this is delicious. I stirred it to blend everything - the directions say to do so after you float the Grand Marnier on the whipped cream. I will say it would be better with whipped cream, but, truly, what isn't? Whipped cream, like bacon, makes everything better.
I taste mostly the coffee, orange, and almond flavors. It's delicious and warming and creamy and makes me sigh with happiness. It is definitely assisting me in relaxing today. Not too boozy, just a good, tasty coffee drink. YUM.
Thumbs up, and Edlet says: "WIN!"
I taste mostly the coffee, orange, and almond flavors. It's delicious and warming and creamy and makes me sigh with happiness. It is definitely assisting me in relaxing today. Not too boozy, just a good, tasty coffee drink. YUM.
Let's hope Twired Jen and Elusive S had as good of a time (or better) at the convention as I had having a drink early on a Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to read all about it!!
MWAH!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat. ~ Alex Levine
MWAH!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat. ~ Alex Levine

7 comments:
Jen's creamy sighs, that's perfect. LOL And it looks like Edlet is all "Yeah, I make these ingrediants look good." LOL
Baaahhhaaa, at first, I thought it said "creamy thighs!" LMAO!!!
MB!!!! Oh my gosh this is awesome! I was LMAO at the title, then realized it was a drink!
We had a great time & I think it's awesome that you took the time to do this post. So glad you enjoyed my creamy ROBSTEN sighs! PMSL!
xoxo J
@Jen - If you drink enough of them, I'm sure you'd start to pronounce it "thighs," LMAO! Glad you enjoyed it!! Creamy ROBSTEN sighs right back at ya!
@LwE - LMAO! He does, doesn't he? He's kinda badass with his wittle jean jacket.
I love your new helper. He is a cutie ;)
Great post and very sweet of you to think of Jen.
Nom Nom! Looks tasty, I think Jen and I will have to make it for our mini pre-Eclipse slumber party.
:D
how appro for Jen!
I love my after dinner coffee drinks, esp with Bailey's!
thanks for explaining how to "float" That's interesting! Edward would have been an excellent bartender all Cocktail style because with his reflexes he would have never dropped a glass or bottle! That's a lot to live up to there Edlet! LOL
Post a Comment