OK, I Read It

Helloooo??? What up, friends? I'm back from my little hiatus. What did I do while I was gone (besides drink)? Well, for one thing, I read this:
That's right. I bought it yesterday and it took two uninterrupted hours for me to read it today. Because that's how I read Twilight stuff: in one big binge.

OK, so here I am to tell you what I thought. I would say "spoiler alert," except we all know what happens in the end, don't we? I won't blame you if you want to stop reading until you've read the story, though, just to be on the safe side.

It was alright. I mean, for a story about a character I don't care about and never wondered about, it was as good as it could have been, I guess. The part at the end that meshed with what happens in Eclipse worked well enough, I suppose (I had to go back and re-read the actual part in the book to make sure), but I sort of felt like it was rewriting history in a way for this character. Like, Stephenie Meyer just had to make her character sympathetic. I don't know, it fell a little flat for me.

I liked Freaky Fred. I would actually like to read a story about him, and he wasn't even in the actual saga at all. So, way to make me interested in a trivial character in your trivial novella, SM. I'm curious what Carlisle would have made of Fred's "ability," you know? Like, it seemed sort of similar to Jasper's, except Fred was always projecting the one emotion, and it seemed similar to Bella's in that he could extend it away from himself to include her.

I don't know, have you read it? Tell me what you thought, as always, in the comments!

Oh, and also, did anyone see the Eclipse sneak peek at the MTV movie awards?? TH got bored with the basketball playoffs and turned it on just in time for me to catch it (he's the best, even just coincidentally), and I don't know what to make of the parking lot scene. I think I need to let it settle. Here it is, in case you missed it:

Thoughts on that in the comments, too, please!

8 comments:

Black Box said...

I don't have the book yet so I can't comment on that, but as far as the Eclipse clip goes....I'm pissed. I thought it was terrible. Horribly written. It barely even made sense. And Bella leaving Edward with Jacob like that. Totally would never happen in the saga. I am actually scared to see the movie now. I'm starting to feel that the hype for it is going to be way better than the actual event. How I hope I'm wrong.

Musing Bella said...

Thank GOD! That's how I felt. I turned to TH and went, "That's NOT how that happens." Damn you, Melissa Rosenberg!! Damn you!!
I loved the part in the books when she escaped Alice - Edward would NEVER let her leave like that. But maybe they changed it because it's not as scary to have shrimpy Taycob up against skinny Robward in the parking lot. Taylor couldn't menace anyone. Argh. I really hope the whole movie isn't as bad as that clip.

Musing Bella said...

Well, I had to buy it - I have all the other books, so... :)

Yeah, I'm really worried about Eclipse. :\

Twired Jen said...

Um...prob not going to read that novella, so I'm glad you discussed it. I think it's ridiculous that she wrote a seperate book about Bree. What about Jasper's back story...or Carlisle...even Esme for Robs sake. Oh well.

As I'm sure you figured out, I watched the WHOLE MTV Movie Awards show. I am still high of Robsten.

xo J

TongueTwied said...

Thank you for sharing MB!

I had somehow convinced myself that the story of Bree would be told by Edward, with him having read her mind and relay the story the same way he explained the soap opera that is the wolves to Bella in Eclipse.

D*mn $tephenie, if only you had consulted me we'd have all run out to buy a little quality Edward time no matter what or who the subject!

And as far as that clip goes, Bella was all worried about hurting both of them. Bella leaving on the bike with JB sucked. D*mn you M. Ro$senberg, I was just reminding myself of lines from Twilight I liked too and giving you extra credit.

TongueTwied said...

Ps-My daughter saw your button and said, "Look, it's Bella in glasses with Edward."

So now both you and Jelena have been "spotted" as Bella by my three-year-old. ;o)

mmMoxie said...

I forgot the Novella was out. It's online right? Beh...whatevs. I don't plan on reading it and your stellar review didn't convince me LOL.

Only thing I have to say about the few clips I've seen of Eclipse so far is: JACOB IS TOO SHORT

Musing Bella said...

@TT - haha! Your daughter is spotting Bella everywhere!

@Mox - AGREED. He couldn't menace a kitten. Not intimidating AT ALL.

Post a Comment