Run, don't walk, to BK and B&N!!

Hello hello, let's get right down to it. TH took me to Target tonight for laundry detergent, and because I had some bad news today (didn't get the new, awesome job), I decided I needed a Whopper for dinner, because (if you couldn't already tell) I self-medicate with food and drink when I am emotional. HOWEVER, this time it turned out to be serendipitous, because BK is doing an Eclipse promotion I had somehow missed hearing about.
So now I can self-medicate with food, drink, and Twilight! Yaaaaaayyyy!

I apologize for the blinding glare of the sun, but only a little because it's the first time we've seen it here in MONTHS!

Basically, if you (like me) haven't heard about it, go here. The facebook analysis on the BK website determined I was 80% Team Edward. This is based on stuff compiled from my facebook page, so I'm not sure how scientific it is, LOL.

TH had a book to return at B&N, so after stopping by Target and only buying laundry detergent - perhaps the only time in my life I've ever bought only what I went in for at Target - we headed over to B&N and I wandered over to find nothing new at the Twilight table (which is now just a general tween table, which is bullshit if you ask me). Despondently, I meandered through the store to the Clearance table. And then...

The fucking motherlode. I couldn't believe it. Did you see the Edward umbrella??? All 50% off! The umbrella is $10!!!! Of course, TH discouraged me from buying anything since my birthday is approaching. I argued that since it's on clearance, it could all be gone by the time he came back to get it for me, and eventually I convinced him I deserved a treat. (Honestly, I could have bought whatever, but I couldn't figure out what I actually wanted and what I just wanted because it was on sale - I am weird like that about sales.) Anyway, I bought this:
But I'd better get a fucking umbrella for my birthday, goddammit. And I warned TH that we'd be eating a lot of BK this summer. His response? "This is the summer TH gained so much weight from eating BK that he Eclipse-d everything he came near. A total Eclipse of TH. Breaking Dawn? More like Breaking Scales, Breaking Sofa, Breaking the Left Ventricle of TH's Heart." (Sometimes he makes jokes in the third person - he's a big Seinfeld fan...)
You know you'll be seeing these cups in upcoming Thirsty Thursday posts - TH thought it necessary to tell me that just because the cups are large, I don't have to fill them when I drink. Thanks, dear.

My game pieces (well, some of them were TH's) - I scratched off all Team Edward crests on the bottom four and won one prize. Apparently, BK is Team Jacob. At least for our order.

My new calendar! I have just the place for it...
Bedside.
Now Edlet has a place to hang out when he needs a break! I also gave him a pencil in case he wanted to write down any love poems thoughts.


Maybe I'm the only person who didn't know Barnes & Noble was getting rid of all things New Moon (and anything Twilight, I guess - my calendar has Twilight art) - hopefully in preparation for Eclipse - but I thought I needed to let you all know, just in case I wasn't the only one in the dark! Same with the Burger King promotion. So, tell me, did you know???

8 comments:

Twired Jen said...

OMG I just got some extra cash (commission)today...and figured I can use like $20 of it for fun...I'm going to B& N tomorrow!!!!

I love that you put it next to your bed. Oh, and I spy the THE books ;)I've loved reading your post...as usual. But, now I'm craving a whopper, which is rare because I haven't had one in possibly 4 years. Seriously.
Hmm period is coming, might be the perfect excuse!

I'm really sorry to hear about your news. That sucks and I know how excited you were. What was the company thinking, passing up on you?!

Hang in there. xoxo

xo J

Musing Bella said...

Thanks, Jen. And, yes, those are THE books, LOL. They live bedside, but of course.
And you need extra iron during this time of the month (as do I - I'm stealing your excuse) - go get a whopper! Yummm.

For $20, you could get two or three things!!! How exciting! Let us know what you get!

edwardsisobel said...

:-( We don't have any fast food twilight promotional stuff here...stupid shrek movie stuff everywhere intead...grumble grumble!!! I mean seriously, green goober looking slushies????

Ooh I wonder if Borders might have some discounted Twilight stuff here too...hmmm off to the shops after work!

I'm sadly lacking in the twilight merchandise dept...bad twihard!. I have the DVD's, 2 bookmarks and a NM box of candy...that's it. I used to have some mags with Rob on the cover but when I moved a few months ago an overzealous friend threw them out before I realised with a whole lot of other mags I had somehow accumulated...I felt sick and almost cried.

Sorry to hear about the bad news with the job, will keep my fingers crossed for something even better to happen.

VampiresWeLove said...

omg..I'm glad to see it wasn't just me! I went to BK on Monday-I've been waiting for this promo for a couple of months-and got 2 game pieces. Like the loyal fictional girlfriend that I am, I of course chose the Cullen crest on both-and LOST on BOTH!! I was ranting about what kind of Jacobian Conspiracy was this crap..blah blah..my son said if I picked the
Wolf one I would probably lose lol..as if I would give in & betray my Edward pfft..not likely. Curious what the odds are & how many Cullens have won? I'm guessing BK is a bunch of PETA fuckers..too harsh? Maybe..I'll keep playing & see ;-)

B&N here I come!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

Nessa Lomiva said...

Awesome! I love your calendar. Fantastic.

I'm the same when things are on sale. I take forever to make up my mind as well.

As a huge Seinfeld fan myself, I proclaim this to be The Summer of TH.

:D

TongueTwied said...

YAY!!! Good score. And MB I love how you are always so camera ready!!!

LMAO @ TH! So love it when the boys engage us.

@Jella, Summer of TH! LOL!!! And May Eclipse be a Festivous for the Twilightobsessedofus!!!

I'll be hitting BK because they are the only ones who have promised me that when it comes to Edward, I CAN HAVE IT MY WAY!!! ;)

Black Box said...

OOOOO, I must run over to B&N. I totally have been wanting that calender. I hope they have it. The B&Ns around here don't have much Twi merch. Thanks for the heads up!

Dangrdafne said...

I am afraid I might kill my Mom as her mission is to get as much BK stuff as possible as soon as possible :) As I can't eat there and she can (food allergies) she has to take one for the team (Team Dangrdafne that is)!!

I agree with LwE, Barnes and Noble doesn't usually have a lot of Twilight stuff for some reason, usually Borders but even they have been slim pickings lately.

I will check it out though asap!!

Post a Comment