The Mormon Surprise - 100th post!!!

Surprise! There's a drink with "Mormon" in the name - much like there's a vampire romance novel series written by a Mormon we all wish had been whore-ier. :D Let's have one!

I present to you: The Mormon Surprise!

This is not our most caloric beverage, if you're still watching your waistline... the white grape juice is 150 cal/8 oz and ginger ale?

Line 'em up, 'lets!


This drink leaves a little to the imagination, since it's a ratio-based recipe. You are in charge of how much you drink!

1 part Vodka

2 1/2 parts white grape juice

Fill with Ginger Ale

Surprise!!!
Oops, we meant: Cheers!!

No surprise here: this drink was YUM. It tasted like mellowed-out ginger ale. The white grape juice makes it smooth and sweet, the ginger ale gives it fizz and bite, and the vodka adds little taste and a lotta kick on the back end. Woot!

WIN!

Oops, where's my thumb?

WIN!

Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. ~Herman "Jackrabbit" Smith-Johannsen

I just realized that this was my 100th post. Thanks to all of you (including my newest readers) - I love playing with booze and the Edlets, and although I might not do any other posts most of the time anymore, I love making you guys laugh! So thanks, and keep drinking (or just visiting, LwE & DD)!!

9 comments:

Twired Jen said...

That does sound yummy! LMAO at the name!

xo J

Dangrdafne said...

Was the drink so much that you forgot your own thumb??? LOL!!!

PurpleWhipped Cupcake said...

That looks fantastic. I am making those. TONIGHT! Mini E shall join me.
Love the use of the word "whore-ier" :D

smartEpantz said...

I wonder what the story behind the name is. If I'm not mistaken aren't all Mormons supposed to be teetotalers?

Maybe it tastes so much like juicy/ginger ale that you can sneak it on them and then say "Surprise!!! You drank alocohol and now you're going to hell!!! Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!"

Or something like that.


xoxo
E

TongueTwied said...

Surpise! LOL!!!

Cool...so no headache because grape juice is mostly water so that will keep you from getting dehydrated and the ginger ale fights off any tummyache from drinking. Genius!

Musing Bella said...

LMAO @ smartE - that's awesome: "SURPRISE! You're going to HELL."

I need to take a moment because I did not realize this was my 100th post!!! Yay me!

Dangrdafne said...

WOO HOO!!! 100 posts!!! Congratulations!

Very appropriate just in time for vacation LOL!!

twilightcupcake said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I was very curious when I saw your post title. You'll have to mix us up something fancy later... :)

Jayla said...

congrats on your 100th post. it's been such a pleasure reading and watching the edlets help you each week.

Post a Comment