Happy Birthday, Twilight!

OK, thirsty birds, as you undoubtedly know, yesterday was the official birthday of Twilight in that it was the 7th anniversary of Stephenie Meyer's meadow dream. It happens to coincide with the week I was walking down the cheese, bacon, and beer aisle (one of the very best of all grocery aisles) and saw this:
It was like it spoke to me from the cooler section...

So, of course, we bought it. TH loves beer, and I hadn't picked a cocktail yet for this week - it was like kismet! I have no doubt that the fine Marketing department at Deschutes Brewery knew exactly what they were doing when they chose their seasonal name this year, and I am supportive.

Now, I am not a real big fan of beer. The lengths to which I will go to please my dear, darling Twilight fans readers. TH is a big fan of beer, so anything tht gets me encouraging him to buy a case is alright by him - also, the case was a better deal than a six-pack, and I love a good deal.

I hope this makes up for the lack of shaker pictures the last two weeks...

Twilight beer is light and "hoppy" which makes it kind of bitter at the end of each sip and of which I am not a fan. TH thought it was very similar to an IPA. It tasted good while I was drinking it, but then not good when I put the bottle down, so I joked to TH that I needed to just be constantly drinking it to enjoy the taste. :) I guess I think it would be a good choice for a keg stand.

I don't know - ultimately, it was beer, and I'm not the biggest fan of beer. Although I do like that I seem to be able to drink large amounts of it with little to no repercussions the following day, so that is why I continue to try new kinds in an effort to find one I really like. So far, McMenamin's and Buffalo Bill's Breweries are winning that battle.

This is the "meh" rating.

If you like beer, especially hoppy beer, I think you would like this one. However, I have no idea at all how available it might be outside of Oregon. We have a huge amount of local breweries and I don't know how much they export or to where. But if you happen to find it and try it, let me know what you think!

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ~ Benjamin Franklin

The same could be said about Twilight. Happy dream-birthday, Twilight!! Cheers!

7 comments:

Jayla said...

Nice label :-) I'm not a beer fan either. However during food & wine festival last year I was introduced to Stella Artois. Their Hoegaarden brew is quite yummy. Nice fall spice mix... not hoppy at all.

17foreverlisa said...

Love the post and the Twiobservation beer ;)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love Twilight, beer & smut. Hmmm, wonder if I drink enough beer could I re-create some smut from Twilight fanfic???

WV-indec as in indecent

Dangrdafne said...

I love the packaging of the Twilight beer - too bad they don't have a wolf on the mountain or someone jumping from the cliff LOL

Nessa Lomiva said...

The packaging and the label is awesome. I am a huge fan of beer, so I would, without a doubt, give this a try.
Beer is my favourite summer drink. I'm actually not too big on cocktails, you know?

TongueTwied said...

OMG I hope I can find this because I'm going to buy it and put it in the cooler for the summer parties and sit back and SMIRK it up when all the guys are sitting around drinking it. Oh I can see the conversation now. They'll make fun of Mr. ATP, then me, and I'll just laugh that I tricked them into even talking about Twilight!

perfect find MB!!!

Musing Bella said...

@Jayla - we served Stella at our wedding! One of TH's favorites. He likes to yell "Steeellllllaaaaaaa!" when he drinks one. ;) Very original.

@Lisa - I have many Twiobservations that I plan to put in an upcoming post... just you wait.

@TM - Anything's possible! Let us know how that goes. ;)

@DD - That would be hilarious!

@Jelena - good to know! If I find another Twi-lated beer, I will surely post it for you.

@TT - oh, I hope you can find some! Keep us posted!

Post a Comment