Team Charlie (Coke, That Is...)

Belly on up to the therapeutic bar, everybody! It's time to drink!!
Now, for this week's Thirsty Thursday, I've gone simple. I'm hoping the lack of exotic ingredients will encourage one of you to try this at home!!

Without further ado, I give you: Charlie Coke.

I was very excited to find this, since BOTH of those words have meaning in Twitardia. Also, my cat is named Charlie (sadly, he is four, so he was not named after a character in Twilight, but rather a character in Lost), and I love Coke, so this is, like, win-win-win.

The towering ingredients...

A big glass full of ice

1.5 oz vodka

Fill with Coke

Easy-peasy!

Hmm... there's something missing. What could I have forgotten? Only two ingredients, I added ice... oh! I know!





TA-DAAAA!
That's better.
That's a moustache, if you can't tell -- apparently I suck at making paper moustaches. This was my third attempt, LMAO

Well, you'll be surprised to know that a Charlie Coke tastes exactly like Coca-Cola mixed with vodka. I know, you're shocked. It's good, though I think I'll stick with rum and coke and its many variants. I just wanted to try this (as with everything) for the name! Cheers, babes!

I want you to be happy—no, not even that much. I just want you not to be miserable. ~ Chief Charlie Swan

Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. ~ George Bernard Shaw


17 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

Oh my I needed that laugh! Thank you! I knew right away it was a Charlie moustache. Perfect addition to the drink, just perfect. I like the simplicity of the Charlie Coke, it is just like Charlie. Plain and simple but gives a good buzz LOL!!!

Great quotes too. That might be my favorite part of Thirsty Thursday -to see how your quote(s) will tie in to the drink. Excellent job every time.

mmMoxie said...

Make that cherry vodka and cherry diet coke and I'm in!

Twired Jen said...

Yah I think I would stick to rum. I love vodka martini's..but with coke, it seems weird. However, I'm lovin' the stache! I LOL'd when I realized what that was.
Cheers!
xo J

Black Box said...

What? No shaker pic?! LOL A drink with a moustache. I think that will catch on. Lovely post!

Musing Bella said...

@Mox: I'm going to dub that "Cherry-Popping Charlie Coke" :)

@DD: glad you like the quotes - I try to find good ones, and I *had* to put a Charlie one for this drink!!

@Jen: it wasn't bad. Mostly you could just taste coke. Vanilla vodka might be really yum.

@LwE: I know, but if I had shaken it, it would have exploded all over the kitchen. And you saw what a mess I made last week...

mmMoxie said...

Vanella vodka and coke good.....trust me ;)

mmMoxie said...

vanilla too :P

TongueTwied said...

ha ha ha ha the moustache! that was classic. Great find! I'm so in a Charlie mood, too!

I had a Coke float yesterday--what's that like the BD honeymoon version of this drink?

v/w mixedebi well "mix" works for this.

smartEpantz said...

I think I told you I don't do, er can't do Vodka...you can pull my V card.

;0

So all I'mma say is, Rock that Stache!!!

Bottoms up!
xoxo
E

17foreverlisa said...

LOL!! I knew right away it was Charlie's stache, too :}

Imma gonna show you how much I love Thirsty Thursdays, even if I don't get to the posts until Sexy Saturdays.

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt305/lisa1721/Blog%20Images/?action=view&current=CharlieCoke1.jpg

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt305/lisa1721/Blog%20Images/?action=view&current=CharlieCoke2.jpg

XXXOOO

Lisa

P.S.: This was a big sacrifice, MB. I'm a (Diet) Pepsi girl. The Coke was left here last Saturday night when my daughter's girlfriends came over for a game night.

17foreverlisa said...

P.S.S.: It's very good! Cheers!!

Dangrdafne said...

WOO HOO Someone tried one of the drinks, took pics, and even added the garnish!!! Awesome!! Go Lisa!!

Musing Bella said...

LISA!!!! You win! Alright, everyone, Lisa has THROWN DOWN THE GAUNTLET! Who's next????

I love your 'stache. ;) And your Cardinals glass. Go Pujols!!!

This made my day. Yay Lisa!!

17foreverlisa said...

@DD - Garnish. LOL!!

@MB - I won? Yay me! And you made my day by noticing my Cardinals glass and giving a shout out to my boy Sir Albert.

Actually, I am going to the Cubs/Cardinals game tomorrow with a friend from work (she is also a Cardinals fan), my son (Braves fan), and his girlfriend (Cubs fan - good thing I like her so much). It's at Wrigley Field, and Travis's girlfriend has never been there. She's beyond excited. Should be fun.

@All - Game on!

Musing Bella said...

@Lisa - oooh, TH is a HUGE Braves fan! I like the Cardinals solely because of Sir Albert (my very favorite sports player ever of all time). Go Cards!

Jayla said...

OMG- love the stache!

Anonymous said...

Lolol! Love the stache and I love coke so this drink is all full of win! No blurry mixing photo this time, huh? Lol!

Post a Comment