Let's Take a Breather

Music to read by:


OK, so I had a post all written for today. I wrote it last Monday and scheduled it (my favorite thing to do to free up my time later). But I've decided against posting it, even after heavy editing. I need some time to think about things. I will continue posting my Thirsty Thursdays, because those are my favorite and my only regularly scheduled posts, and everyone seems to like them, and I have all this booze and all these recipes to get through. So please continue to hit me up on Thursdays, at least, for now, if you so desire.

I'll be around, I'm not going anywhere, just instituting a little radio silence for reflection. I'm going to make some changes to the blog, and when I come back eventually, things might be a little different.

The thing is that I started writing this blog as an emotional outlet, an outlet for my Twilight love (since I have few friends who've read it and fewer friends who love it as I do - just one, actually, and she was TH's friend, really, before we discovered our shared obsession), a creative project, and a way to get to know anyone headed to Forks in the Fall. And it has been all of those things. So I just need to reboot and regroup and make sure I'm doing what's best for me, as far as what I'm putting out into the world.

See you Thursday (it's a really good one this week, please come back for that!), and a MWAH! for the road.


I wrote all of the above on Friday. And then, this morning, I saw this video. So. P.S.:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take whatever time you need to pull things together. Just be sure to stay in touch with comments on other blogs.

WV-pophr as in don't be a party pophr. LOL

Jayla said...

Take your time- we'll be here when you get back.

17foreverlisa said...

As the first person to comment on your blog back in February, you know I love coming here. There was a time when I had to take a step back and reflect on why I blog, too. One of the best things I did was take off the self-imposed pressure to blog every day. Now I blog if/when I feel like it. I love following and reading other blogs just as much as I do running my own, if not more. It's fun again.

This last week and a half has been exhausting in our blogging community. I think I know where you're coming from, even if I don't know where you're going. Just know that I will be here as long as you want me to be.

XOXO

Lisa

Twired Jen said...

Honestly Lisa could not have said it any better. So I'm not going to try and say anything .
xo J

Nessa Lomiva said...

Wha-a? You're taking a breather? Well, I can't lie and say that I wished you didn't, because I am totally going to miss your analytical posts. But I understand your need step back and reflect on what you're doing.

Lisa is absolutely right. Once you take away the pressure to post everyday, it all becomes much more fun. Sure, you don't get as many followers, but I love my small little blog.

Enjoy your break, okay? And see you on Thursday.

edwardsisobel said...

Hey MB, I may not get here as much as I like lately,but I have enjoyed your posts immensely. But, you have to do what is right for you and sometimes you need to take a step back to get the bigger picture. Enjoy your break and looking forward to your Thursday post :-)

Musing Bella said...

Thanks, ladies!! I really appreciate all the comments, and don't worry, I'll still come visit you all and leave you comments!! And I think you'll all like this Thursday's post. ;)
@Lisa- aww!! My first commenter!!! You're so sweet. I heart you.
I'm feeling better already, so I don't know how long the breather will last - or how long I can stay away!! But I have good plans for when I return, so I promise it will be worth the wait. MWAH!!

Musing Bella said...

Oh!! And @Jayla- I'm halfway through Wide Awake right now. You were totally right: worth it!! ;) Sooooo good!

Nessa Lomiva said...

Oh good. I am glad to see you're already feeling better, and it's even more fantastic to see you around, commenting on the blogs. :D

Post a Comment