For my five-year anniversary at work I got one of those "Super Certificate"s that you can redeem for any gift cards you want, and one of the ones I chose was for Barnes & Noble, of course. Given a choice, I always want Barnes & Noble or Starbucks gift cards (and they didn't have Starbucks as an option). I tell you this because my birthday is two months from today and it's a big one (3-0! *gasp*), so now you'll know what to get me if you can't find something suitably Twilight-related (which I have faith you can). You're welcome.
Aaaaaaanyway, on Sunday I finally dragged my ass into a B&N when some realtor wanted to show our house - I have to give credit, it was TH's idea, he wanted to look at travel books (he loves those) - and I moped around the store because I couldn't find something that really tickled my fancy, until I happened upon the "Humorous, Helpful, & Odd" table and found Twilight & History! I had never heard of this book before - have any of you?? I'm going to guess it was there as part of the "Helpful." It's basically a look at the Saga through the lense of history and it is SUPER nerdy; so I, of course, am LOVING it. Seriously, after the first chapter (which is about Edward), there is more than a page of footnotes. It's WAY nerdy. But VERY interesting. I'll tell you more about it as I get further into it. I'm only in Chapter 2 (which has to do with the Twilight Quileute/Cullen Treaty and its similarities and dissimilarities to RL treaties with Native Americans, including the Quileute tribe - it reminds me a lot of some American Indian literature and history classes I took in college).
So, I am well aware that this level of intellectual twimasturbation is not for everyone. It's definitely not the same as a good, lemony fan fic, unless you enjoy watching the History channel while you fuck (which, maybe you do).
For this reason, I present to you: Twilight Tours. This is a book I've had my eye on for awhile, and seeing the history book reminded me I wanted something specific, so I searched it out and now it's mine (bwahahahaha). It's an illustrated guide to Forks - basically a fun photo book. I love it. I am going to pore over it in preparation for FFOOOOOORRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKSSSS in October.
So, have you read any interesting non-fiction Twilight-related books? Please share in the comments!

7 comments:
I have a huge pile of unread non-twilight books. One of these days, I may actually pick one of them up and read it... one of these days. I have seen the Twilight & History book but not the Twilight Tours, how funny is that? I would like to see the FFOORRKKSS book before our trip, so I will seek that out. A dangrdafne tidbit... I don't really like history. LOL
Ooo the Twilight History sounds interesting. Lizardstew would probably love it. She LOVES history.
Hey MB, *waves* sorry I've been MIA with work deadlines and haven't been in the bloggy world for a week. Gah! I was having serious withdrawals, but I am hoping to catch up with your earlier posts tonight when I get home. :-)
I haven't read any Twilight related books but I do check out the Twilight Lexicon a lot for my writing - it is great for timelines and locations of different characters at different times - my main fic I write goes backwards and forwards from 1918 to a little bit in the future and I am very anal so like to get all my twilight background info right. I am also reading Water for Elephants in hardcopy and downloaded Bel Ami on my iphone (sort of 6 degrees from Twilight maybe)!!!
I also have Eclipse on my bedside table as I want to read it again before the movie comes out.
OMG...I'm a history ADDICT, and would love these books. I have to look for them, I didn't know they existed. Um...love the new button...PMSL!!
These look cool. I hope you enjoy them.
errr, you are still planning on getting the Buffy comic, right? *waits patiently to discuss with you*
@TT - YES! I have ordered them from the library because they're $16 each! So I will let you know when I get them and start reading! Promise!!
What do you mean them as in plural? I have one. Are there more that I am missing out on?
Have you started reading the Family Business? Holy kickslayerbutt!!!
Post a Comment