A Total Eclipse of Thirsty Thursday!

Cheers, kittens! I know we'll all be watching Oprah today, so I thought we could use a drink to go with it! I present to you: The Eclipse.


TH helped me with this one, as I was unfamiliar with the measurement "cl." I thought "Cubic liter?" and then realized that would make this an ENORMOUS drink. TH supplied the thoery that it meant "centiliter," and then converted it to milliliters for me. Thanks, TH! He's my sponsor.

As always, I lined up my ingredients.

I'm supposed to shake it with ice, then strain, so I prepared my shaker.

50 ml vodka

50 ml cranberry juice

25 ml blue curacao

Shaken, not stirred

Dark blue... like Bella's blouse when she runs into Edward in Port Angeles

WHOA - it's strong. This is liquorific. It's good and sweet, like berries, but the vodka definitely asserts its authority here. Two of these and my eyelids would perform an eclipse in front of my eyeballs as I passed out on the floor. (Full disclosure - despite how often I drink, I'm pretty much a lightweight.) This is a good sipping drink, though, and will go nicely with an after-work bowl of sherbet while I feast my eyes on the Oprah show. Bottoms up (that means you, RPattz and TLaut - these drunken ladies want to see some ass!)!!

As always, let me know if you try this one. What will you be drinking during Oprah?

Even though a number of people have tried, no one has yet found a way to drink for a living. ~Jean Kerr

6 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

While that looks interesting, I will be drinking plain old water during Oprah LOL!! But you go ahead and enjoy your Eclipse :)

I enjoyed your tweets last night with Mr. Pantz - I had just missed both of you and would have loved to have been in on the conversation while not riding the train ;) LOL!!!!

Also, off post item - I LOVE the picture of you and your hubby from your yurt trip. I think it is the one that is your Facebook avi (can't look right now as I am at work and they don't show up on my phone). The pic of you and him while holding the camera in front of you and simply smiling together. It is so sweet and loving. Just perfect. Just wanted to tell you that :)

Happy Thursday!

IamJane said...

Seriously that looks like a puker. Fruity stuff fools me every time and I drink the equivalent to a small pond and then my head is spinning and then uh oh time to pray and swear. I will be drinking my standard me time drink.....Red Bicyclette Pinot Noir, I swear its the best. If I was off tomorrow I might have to go with my traditional birthday party fare and take a couple shot of mi amigo Jose. Who knows I'll probably keep it on my dvr and part take regularly for a while until I figure out exactly which drink goes with Rob and Taylor at 4am. Anywho HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB! Hope you get trashed and get you some awesome birthday nookie. volunteers anyone?

Nessa Lomiva said...

I'm not even gonna be watching Oprah - I might end up seeing it on Youtube, but I don't really watch these video appearances.

As for the drink itself, well, I loved your post - too clever. I'm hoping one of these Thursdays we're gonna go back to seeing regularly normal booze, as opposed to blues and greens. Although, I must admit, that blue definitely looks lovely, and I'd chug it down like there's no tomorrow. Bottoms up, MB.

Musing Bella said...

@DD - Oh, I'm sorry we missed you! That would have been even more fun! Thanks for your sweet words about my picture - I love to take self-portraits of TH and myself. :)

@Jane - I've had Red Bicyclette, but I don't know which variety, so I will have to check out their Pinot.

@Jelena - LMAO, I'm sure eventually I'll make a "regularly normal" drink... I don't have next week's picked out yet, so maybe I'll look for one just for you. Ooh... in fact, I think I just thought of the perfect one... ;)

Cheers!!

17foreverlisa said...

I had a nice cold Diet Pepsi while watching Oprah!! I love that you are finding the themed drinks, MB.

And speaking of the Oprah show, LOVED IT!

@DD - Email me with the pic details. I missed it!

Lisa

TongueTwied said...

OMG!!! An Eclipse?? That is perfect!

I'm always surprised at your variety of alcohol you have on hand.

I didn't drink anything while I watched Oprah I don't think. It probably would have just dribbled out the side of my mouth anyway because I watched laughing along with Rob and with my mouth open during the Eclipse footage.

Post a Comment