Eclipse Viewing #2!

I have a new shirt! Courtesy of Cafe Press and KG at iheartmythicalcreatures, this showed up in my mailbox yesterday afternoon!!
But more on that later.

Yesterday, folks, I met Starlit Violets! We had planned to get together for lunch and a second viewing of our community's current crack flick: Eclipse (of course). I don't know about SV, but I had so much fun!!! I got to the theater a little early (we were meeting at this super nice theater we both love - part of it is 21 & up only and you can order from your seat and drink booze during the movie (without hiding it!), and you know me - I love that. SV and I opted for the all ages section and HD screen, though). So, since I had time to kill, I brought out Edlet and T.Edlet (for anyone I haven't explained this to, his name is just a shortened version of Twilight Edlet).


I got the tickets, so we didn't have to worry about it later, and then SV picked me up for lunch! She is super cute in RL (just as she is online), as well as funny and sweet, and I had a great time getting to know her better over lunch, although it was a little surreal meeting one of you in RL, I have to say! But once I got over the initial shock of that, it was just fun hanging out with a new friend. I'm a little shy at first, so I'm sure I came off as socially retarded, but SV was nice enough to not say anything about that (thanks, bb!)!! ;)

[I have a picture of us, but we didn't discuss whether we would put those online, so I don't want to post it without checking with her first.]

The movie was great, of course. I still laughed out loud at the action figure posing of the Cullen clan in the forest. I still lurve Charlie as played by Billy Burke, and I still wish Victoria was Rachelle LeFevre. But I mostly just love that David Slade was able to get the romance and action both into this movie without sacrificing anything truly important. You know I missed certain things - you can read my original bullet-point-riffic review here if you missed that - but overall I'm happy with this movie. I can't wait to see what was cut on the DVD! I wish Summit would give us an option (as has been done on some DVDs) of reinserting deleted scenes.

We said goodbye, planning on getting together in RL again sometime (maybe with the hubses), and I drove home to find my prize from iheartmythicalcreatures!

The 'lets check out my shirt...

...and fall over, laughing.

Enter Charlie, stage right.

"Get off the shirt, Charlie."
"Here, kitty, kitty..."


"Gotcha!"

"Ooof!" "Ooof!!"

So the new shirt was a big hit. Even TH thinks it's funny (although I think he's probably just glad it doesn't say, "I would leave my husband for Edward" or something).

So, how many times have YOU seen Eclipse now? And do you have any funny Twilight shirts (or accesories)? Spill it in the comments...

17 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

I remember one of the first things I ever knew about you, was that you wanted that shirt. I remember trying to figure out how I could get it for you... but you figured it out all your own :) LOL

I am sooo glad you had a great time to StarlitViolets. She really enjoyed her time with you too (we chatted). No mention of any social issues, so you are good :)

Can't wait to see the pic!!!

Charlie is too cute. I saw your twitpic too of him with his baseball cap on LOL

Happy Sunday.

Twired Jen said...

Love that shirt! And, Charlie too! My cat Jake would have done the exact same thing...lie on top of the shirt right away.

Glad you got to me a SV in RL! I have only seen Ecipse twice...but plan to see it again this week. I was trying to get together with Twilove01 (Sue) again, but our schedules didn't jell. :( She's off to Europe this week...jealous!

xo J

smartEpantz said...

I've only seen it once so far, but you know how moother fecking busy I have been the past month or so! I'm going to see it again on Thursday with the pusher. I hope to get a better perspective upon the 2nd viewing cuz honestly (put down the knife) I didn't think it was all that and a bag of Doritos the 1st time around. More on that laters.

Cool fucking beans about you and SV meeting face to face! *waves to SV* I vote for pic. No? How 'boout now? Yes? Now? Maybe now? I wanna see!!!

Kiss your Edlets (and Charlie Buttons) for me. Muahs!
xoxo
E

Musing Bella said...

AWW!! @smartE - you remembered his full name! I love that. Probably from facebook (no?), but still. I like to say it like I'm a 1930's gangster (that's actually the inspiration for it) in a bad movie. :) I've been drinking this evening.

@DD - you are so sweet to try to help me get that t-shirt! I am so excited to have it now, but thanks for the thought! I heart you.

@Jen - our cats are twins. I love that. I also love that they both have Twilight names (although I'm sure yours, like mine, is just a coincidence).

Now back to my wine...

edwardsisobel said...

I have only seen Eclipse once so far and I need to see it again soon. I didn't get to comment on your original Eclipse post - stupid blogger likes to eat my comments on occasion. Loved it. Agree with everything you said. Billy Burke nailed Charlie - loved the wryness of his humour. Sad about Rachel not playing Victoria she was perfect in the role.

Love the new shirt and I love Edlet and T. Edlet - very jealous of the company you are keeping. I am boring and only have a twilight bookmark and same New Moon candy and no shirts or anything. My kids are sort of embarrassed that I like twilight. One of their friends has read all the books and wanted to go the see Eclipse and none of the guys would go with him. My son said he should go with me. Ahhh No. I do want to go with a fan but even I see a problem going to the movies with a sixteen year old boy when I am a little bitty bit older....

TongueTwied said...

Glad you met a fellow Twilightlover and blogger in RL! Hope it is the beginning of many Twiventures together!

I think that tshirt is hysterical! Wear it with pride! Congrats!

Your cat is adorable--looks very similar to mine but I think we discussed that already.

Black Box said...

Fun, fun, fun! I'm so glad you and SV got together. I used to be so wary of meating people on the internet. To be honest I was skeptical about meeting DD and Mrs. P. I really didn't know what to expect as far as our personalities clashing or anything like that, but now that I have met them and had like the best time ever with them I just want to meet everybody! Even Tonge Twied, however she is skeptical about meeting me. LOL. Glad you had a good time, and I would very much like to see a picture.

And great pics. Very funny shirt and I enjoyed the Charlie and 'let interaction.

Dangrdafne said...

@ LwE - I would worry about "meating" people too LOL!!!!!!

TongueTwied said...

LwE,

I'm not skeptical.

I'm SCARED TO DEATH!!!

lol

Dangrdafne said...

@ TT - Then you can just meet me and leave LwE out of it LMAO!!!!!! just kidding

Black Box said...

@DD: Typos, tipoes, thiapoze, they always bring with them a new meaning, don't they?

@TT: You're not doing much for my self essteam. LOL

TongueTwied said...

@DD, when we meet up I don't have to eat the gluten free pizza do I?

Dangrdafne said...

@TT - Don't knock it until you try it!! :) It I had to choose between meeting you and having gluten free pizza I would choose.....

TongueTwied said...

@DD, you should DEFINITELY chose the gluten free pizza!

Did I tell you about the place with the gluten free cupcakes? I don't think I did, did I? Oh well, cuz that's where I'll be hanging out. LMAO!!!

Dangrdafne said...

@ TT - *sad gluten free face*

Musing Bella said...

What's going on? I leave you all alone for two days, and look what I come back to. Unbelievable. ;)

There is some delicious gluten-free pizza by my parents' house, so I agree: don't knock it till you've tried it.

I would eat a cupcake (gluten-free or otherwise) right now.

Black Box said...

@Musing Bella: Sorry for using your blog as a chat box.

Ps to all: There is some AWESOME gluten free food out there! And you can say goodbye to bloat!

Post a Comment