Thirsty Thursday Throwback

Hey, thirsty birds! For today's delicious beverage, Edlet and I have decided to reach back into Twilight for inspiration (and as a tribute to T.Edlet, who arrived after this drink had been consumed and is therefore not in the photos). Today, I give you: Baseball Pleasure.
Edlet would like you to know that sometimes I have a drink while deciding what to drink. See?

So I like to pre-func. Edlet doesn't judge me.

Aaaanyway. While balancing my wine glass in one hand, I lined up my ingredients:
I just realized Fred Meyer (not to mention all these booze companies) should be paying me some sort of advertising fee... hmm...

2 shots Vodka

Fill (mostly) with orange juice

At this point, this is a screwdriver.

You're welcome.

Moving on.

1 "jigger" whiskey
(TH assures me this means one shot - anyone know any different? I didn't wiki-block him to make sure...)

1 jigger Amaretto

Mix and serve (and pose)
Cheers!

Hmmm... it's too sweet. I thought I would really like this one, but I don't like it that much. It's not bad, it's just like, if I ordered it in a bar, I would not order another. I can taste orange and almond, primarily, which is part of the problem. I stirred it, but no help there - perhaps more vodka would help? I didn't try it, but maybe my ratio was off. Maybe a jigger means 1 oz? I'll check it out and get back to you... But for now:

"Meh"

Edlet was happy this week's drink was a little more Cullen-friendly. He still prefers blood, though (thanks, Edlet - we know). What do you like to drink when you watch baseball?

God watches over drunks and third baseman. ~ Leo Durocher

8 comments:

Black Box said...

You should be getting some kind of financial insentive for doing these posts. It's only fair. Do you know how much money Summit would loose if they had to pay all of us for displaying all our Twilight things in our posts. Oh dear god, I think they would go bankrupt.

Mix and serve (and pose) LOL!!

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

You need your own tv show. Do you ever watch Three Sheets on the Travel channel? So funny.

Twired Jen said...

Yah the Whiskey part makes me wanna gag. And orange juice+amaretto doesn't seem to be a great combo. Yuck.

Always love these posts though!

xo J

17foreverlisa said...

I'm here and it's actually still Thirsty Thursday!! Baseball is a pleasure of mine, so you know I love the name of this drink. It sucks (and not in a good, Edlet sort of way) that you didn't really like it, though.

I'm not a huge OJ fan (drink or man), so I'm not sure I'd like it, either. Did you ever find out if a jigger was a shot or 1 oz.?

What do I drink while I'm watching baseball? Well, if it's Friday nights and my St. Louis Cardinals are on, it's boxed wine. Any other time, it's Bud Light. Yep. I'm a cheap date ;)

Lisa

P.S.: LOVE the Leo Durocher quote. Nice touch!

Ha! My word ver is "force" as in a force out at third ;)

Dangrdafne said...

Jigger seems to be 1 ounce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigger_%28bartending%29

I was just getting ready to make sure 17foreverlisa made it here and she did, phew. Perfect post for her :)

Edlet is an awesome helper. I must break mine out of his box one of these days.

twilightcupcake said...

I love that Edlet helps you to drink. Sweet that he is an enabler :) I didn't even think of this as a baseball drink. When I think baseball I think beer. Thanks for the inspiration for next time though. Let us know about the too sweet thing.

Jayla said...

@MB: It seems only right to properly hydrate oneself before making a drink. What do I drink while watching baseball- whatever someone buys me...


@Lisa: LOL, OJ...

Musing Bella said...

@DD - thanks, babe! I hadn't gotten around to looking yet. :) I don't think it would have tasted *that* much different with 1/2 oz less whiskey and amaretto, though. And (@TC) I won't be trying it again! No thanks!

Glad you guys liked it!

Post a Comment