Fan Fict Addict

As most of you know, I have a raging fan fiction addiction. I recently added a list of recommendations to my sidebar (over on the lower right), in case you're interested in finding a new fic. Two stories are currently pwning me: High Anxiety by EdwardsBloodType (click the title for fanfiction.net or click here for Twilighted) is the first. It has certain similarities (AH, set in high school, broody bad boy Edward) to other fics I've loved (Wide Awake, Tropic of Virgo, and Scotch, Gin, and the New Girl, to name a few), and that made me realize that this is my favorite storyline. I've read all sorts (Master of the Universe, University of Edward Masen, Marble and Mahogany, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Misapprehension of Bella Swan, Clipped Wings and Inked Armor... I could go on and on), and while I love many, many stories, the ones that truly get me salivating for more are the high school ones. This, I realize, is because I have a strange fascination with high school - I always have. I LOVE movies set in high school (Clueless, Heathers, Sugar & Spice, Bring It On, Pump Up the Volume, Dazed & Confused, etc, etc), so I guess it totally makes sense that Twilight and the fan fics inspired by Twilight and set in high school would be of particular interest to me.

High Anxiety, to get back to my current ass-pwning fic, is about broody, mysterious Edward Cullen and cute, trendy, just-moved-back-to-Forks Bella Swan. I don't want to give anything away, plot-wise, because at first it's a slowly unraveling little mystery, but it has some of the hottest not-quite-lemon lemons I've ever read (and you will need to read it to see what I mean), and it should be a lesson to Stephenie Meyer about teenage abstinence and how to write about it.

Now, I know not everyone likes fan fiction, and that's cool. And I know some of you only like certain kinds of fan fiction. Obviously, I have my own preference, but I truly like everything except slash. The way I think about it is like the characters are actors - like the Brat Pack in the 80's or something (there I go with high school movies again). I like seeing Edward and Bella and the whole gang in different roles, like Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in (several of my favorite) romantic comedies.

The second story that I just started but totally lurve was a recommendation from my bloggy friend Living With Edward. It's called Beyond Time (by TKegl), and it's kind of a crack fic (IMO). It's a New Moon kind-of-spin-off, where Edward never returned and Bella goes back in time to Chicago 1918 and then has to figure out what to do with herself... and almost-17-year-old, healthy Edward. It's awwwwwwwwesome. Bella has, like, no concept of how her actions affect the time-space continuum (not that the term is used, but you know what I mean), even though she talks about it constantly to the reader. And 1918 Edward is hilarious and charming. I love it.

Do you have a favorite fan fiction setting or plot? And what is currently pwning you? Share in the comments...

7 comments:

twilightcupcake said...

oh sweetie thanks for the tip. I love the same ones you do and haven't read that one yet. Need a new one as my current ones are updating very slowly. Keep it up.

TongueTwied said...

I really seem to like the Bella/Edward AH fics where they are in their 20s. But I like the high school ones too.

I have to check out "Beyond Time" because I started something a lot like the sounds of it but never returned to it.

I also like these "Edward left Forks but he and Bella meet up later" stories.

And I just started a Jasper/Alice human story--a first for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally reading MoTU now. I know...so late to the party. My other faves are The List and MOBS.

Anonymous said...

I'm rereading MOTU right now. Once is never enough for me.

TheRugbyMom keeps reccomending fanfics faster than I can read them.

Black Box said...

I'm so glad you like Beyond Time. It is so funny but the story is really good too. I have to check out the other one you mentioned. It must be good because we seem to have the same taste in fics.

My other faves are Harvest Moon(you must read this!!) It's post Breaking Dawn, all in Epov and the author is soooo good with the characters. It could all happen in SM's world. So much happens, the story can be complex at times and fun and fluffy at times. I have laughed so much and then been in utter suspense. It's amazing.

Hide and Drink<---excellent

Waking Up <--- pre New Moon, Edward wakes up in Bella's house as a human and has to adjust to it.

I better stop or I will keep going. I have a bad addiction too, as a matter of fact I have another window open right now and just started the new Waking Up update.

Musing Bella said...

@LwE - I started Waking Up - it rawks! It's so funny! I love retardedly-human Edward. ;)

17foreverlisa said...

Well, it's pretty obvious that MotU affected me in ways I never expected. I fell in love with Bella's strength (her inner goddess) and how she helped Fifty discover his self-worth. I feel in love with Fifty and I'm still in a Fifty funk now that the story is over. I hope she writes a sequel.

I can't put into words how big my eyes got and how excited I was to read the synopsis for Beyond Time. A Knight in Shining Armour by Jude Devereaux is my all-time favorite book. It's a historical romance that involves time travel. Not something I thought I would enjoy that much, but I have reread it countless times over the years. So the thought of Bella going back in time and meeting Edward before his change practically has me clapping my hands in anticipation. Thanks for the rec, girls!

Lisa

Post a Comment