Penguins. Lovely.

I hereby dedicate this Thirsty Thursday to my dear friend DangrDafne! Apparently, DD has a thing for penguins, while, as you undoubtedly remember from Eclipse (the book, not the movie), Edward did not.

I present to you: Penguin.

Lovely.

Happy Ingredient-y Feet:

Let's get this penguin party started! Get on your tuxes!

1 oz Vodka

1/2 oz Blue Curacao

2 oz Sweet and Sour
(they call it Lemon-Lime mix)

Fill with Sprite
(you all know by now that I use 7-Up)

"Something's missing..."

Oh yeah! [I just realized while writing this out that I should have made it a bow tie. Shoot.]
I need to float 1/2 oz of Banana Liqueur
(I am using banana rum)

To float: pour slowly over the back of a spoon (bonus points if you balance the spoon on someone's head so you can take a photo)

Edlet was happy to help.
Cheers!

OK, so this actually is lovely! I thought the banana would be barf-a-rific, but it mixes together after the first sip (which is, admittedly, banana-ey), and it's quite light and refreshing. Deliciously delightful!

(That's not an orange fingernail - it's in the background.)
WIN!

Well, I guess Edward can't be right about everything. Yay, penguins!

What's your favorite zoo animal?


A penguin walks into a bar and orders a Dirty Martini. The bartender serves him and gives him back $5 change from a twenty. Against his will the bartender just stares at the penguin and finally says, “Excuse me for being impolite, but I’ve never seen a penguin in here before.” The penguin says, “With $15 martinis, you’ll never see another one.”

~found on http://www.kinkeadridge.com

6 comments:

Black Box said...

You balanced the spoon on Edlet's head. That is too funny. He's such a good helper.

smartEpantz said...

I lurve your Thirsty Thursday posts...even if the drink makes me wanna eat my own vomit.

Bananas are the devil. I can't even smell a banana without gagging, so I'll take a pass on this one!

xoxo
E

Dangrdafne said...

All I could think when you added the banana was my other favorite animal is a monkey - Mocha to be exact!! Mocha is our little stuffed monkey that we take on trips with us. He has a tumblr account and a Twitter @TravelingMocha if you want to check out his pictures :)

I LOVE that you balanced the spoon on Edlet - I had to cover my laugh because I didn't want my boss to hear my laughing at the pic - very clever way to get the picture done, good job!

Thanks for the dedication - did you see when I tweeted the picture of the penquins to you from the Boston Aquarium??

TongueTwied said...

I always crack up twice at the drinks you find to make--first at the name and then again at the color!

I loved when Edward said Penguins,lovely because I love when he got to have a sense of humor. I kind of took it as him being limited in his food choices as opposed to him not liking penguins exactly.

Anonymous said...

Edwad balancing the spoon totally trumps the blurry shake photo. Loved it!! LMAO!
What? You don't have an orange finger nail? The fantasy is now ruined....

Loved the penguin joke at the end...LOLOL!!!

Jayla said...

Why in the hell is there banana liquor in a penguin themed drink?
Ok- that aside - I know you were uber-happy to use your favorite blue curacao.
Adorable post as ever.
Happy Friday MB

Post a Comment