Happy Birthday to Me

That's right, ladies, today is my birthday! I'm turning 30 and I've been trying not to get depressed about it (and actually doing fairly well with that), and here are some things that have helped (one thing that didn't help: googling "things to do before turning 30").

From the mind of Andy Rooney:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

-A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

-If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

-A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

-Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

-A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

-Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

-Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

The one I love best is the first one, I think: "She doesn't care what you think." LMAO

I also found a couple great blog posts. This one is a guy turning 30 who has a great perspective on the positive side, and this one kind of sums up my thoughts on the matter, but in a more concise and thoughtful way than I could probably write it.

And you know I love quotes, so here are some of those for the occasion. Happy Monday!

Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. ~ Georges Clemenceau

Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty. ~ Robert Frost

We turn not older with years, but newer every day. ~ Emily Dickinson

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~ Lucille Ball

There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know. ~ Lewis Carroll

8 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

The best perspective I can give you is: I turned 40 this past October and it was THE best thing EVER!!

If you are worried about what you haven't done yet, the do something about it. Don't wallow, do!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

and now a little song...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Musing Bella
Happy Birthday to you!!

*sung to the tune of Happy Birthday*

Hugs and kisses sweetie!!! Enjoy you special day!!

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Oh, sweetie. I remember turning 30. It is dramatic but be assured, life only gets better. You get wiser and can appreciate all your blessings the older you get.

Happy Birthday!! And to many more...

Jayla said...

Happy Birthday MB! Thirty isn't too bad.. i've been enjoying it for almost 8 years now ;-)
I hope Edlet makes you a great drink that you'll share on Thursday.

TongueTwied said...

You are the sparkly quote queen MB, you know that?

Happy 30th Birthday!

"Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing."

So go ahead and read your Twilight books, read your fanfiction, go see your Saga movies, and feel free to blog your Twilighty musings endlessly with us. ;)

mmMoxie said...

My 30's have been a billion times better than my 20's. I can only hope the trend continues and my 40's will be even better because that impending decade scares the shit out of me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Here is to a great year and many more to follow. Thirty is fantastic. You are not getting older, just more refined.

Remember Bette Davis said "Old age is not for sissies" xo

Nessa Lomiva said...

OMG, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. We had power outage for the entire day on Monday, due to a severe thunderstorm on Sunday night.

Happy belated birthday, MB.

I know I was freaked out about turning 30 for something like 2 years prior, but when the day finally came, I felt good. More than good actually. I felt fantastic, like I finished a difficult task. I've been 30 for a few months now, and while writing the number down is still filling me with dread, I've never felt better (knock on wood, lol). I do feel sexier and more feminine, and just overall more secure about myself and my identity. I wish the same for you, love. :D

Mwah.

Musing Bella said...

Thanks, girls! I had a great birthday! Big puffy hearts and hugs and kisses to you all. Being 30 isn't so bad so far... ;)

Post a Comment