Less Than Jake on the Rocks

[Note: when I wrote this, I had somehow gotten it into my mind that Eclipse premiered Wednesday at midnight, instead of Tuesday - major brain fail. But, then, since I'm not seeing it until Friday night, I figure it's just denial that you all get to see it THREE days ahead of me instead of just two. Whatev - pretend last night was the premier, mmkay?]

Good morning, all of you who attended last night's midnight movie! (I figure it's morning for you no matter what time you stop by the blog, since you probably just woke up...) I have made you a coffee drink to help you wake up, and to welcome Too Much Coffee back to the blogosphere! We missed you! (She's holding a contest, btw - go check it out. After the drinking, that is.)

Today's tasty beverage? Less Than Jake on the Rocks. I like this name for many reasons: Taylor is less (height-wise) than Jake, IMO; Less Than Jake was a band I liked in high school; and Jake on the Rocks reminds me of the beach at La Push - even if it's never described as rocky. Anyway, enough about me, let's get started.


Since we need the espresso to be chilled, I'd better get that ready first. Edlet, where are you?

"I'm by the Tassimo, ready to brew!"

(The Tassimo is one of those single-beverage machines - you can make just one cup of coffee, or a latte or whatever - here, Edward models one of the "T-discs" used to make beverages in a Tassimo - this is an espresso T-disc):
OK, back to business.
[Edlet presses the "start" button]
[Edlet watches intently as the espresso brews]

Aaaand, now we're ready for our ingredient line-up:

The espresso shot is first into my glass...


3 oz (or two of the above shot) dark rum
(all I have is spiced dark, so that's what we're using...)

2 oz chocolate syrup
(I think I need a bigger measuring device!)

Fill with milk

Stir (or get someone else to do so)...
Cheers!

OK, this tastes like a boozy mocha. I wonder what the Starbucks baristas would do if I ordered a boozy mocha tomorrow morning at 7am when I stop by. That's probably more of a do-it-yourself recipe. Oh well. This is good - it doesn't have ice in it, though, so I'm confused as to how it's "on the rocks," but I guess you could add ice, that would just make it colder and more of an iced mocha. It's good either way - yum yum yum, I love chocolate, coffee, and rum, so this is a WIN!

WIN!

Edlet has kindly requested that I take a break from Jake-related drinks, so next week we'll be doing something a little more Cullen-friendly...
I'm seeing Eclipse tomorrow (Friday) night, so don't tell me anything about it in the comments!
Until next time - don't forget to tell your friends to stop by! Mwah!

In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!. My two favorite things, mochas and rum. I wonder if it tastes as good with white chocolate. I will have to try. You are right about Starbucks. You know when everyone orders a irish cream mocha, they were really hoping for a shot of Bailey's ;)

One more day til you see Eclipse and they you can Squeee with the rest of us.

TooMuchCoffee said...

I LOVE IT! I SO wish my local barista would add a little of the Captain to my coffee. This is the perfect drink to come back to with my three favorite things: Coffee, Chocolate and Rum

Total WIN! Thanks for the welcome back, shweetie!

I'm seeing Eclipse on Saturday, so shush until then. :-)

mmMoxie said...

Will you be having a few adult beverages before you see the movie?

Think of me Friday night...sitting all alone in front of my computer, drunk, hoping someone will Tweet something (anything), and wishing I didn't decide to wait to see Eclipse until Sunday.

I'm going to go cry for a while now. (j/k)

Black Box said...

I love Edlet stirring the drink. So cute and funny. I hope T.Edlet gets to you by tomorrow. The UPS guy said probably monday or tuesday, but anything is possible. Maybe the fact that you are 3 hours behind us will help. LOL

Dangrdafne said...

Edlet pushing the button on the coffee machine is tooooo cute err handsome, yea handsome ;)

TongueTwied said...

Another awesome drink MB! chocolate and coffee together? yum!

Edlet is helpful as always and gentle with the machinery, but he admits he only showed up today because he mistakenly thought you said you were going to make him "crush jacob on the rocks" and he was ready to finally do the dog in.

have fun at the movies!!!

Musing Bella said...

I knew you girls would love this one! Who doesn't love chocolate? (I know those people exist, but they're crazier than WE are! LOL)

@TMC - so glad to have you back!

@TT - yes, Edlet wasn't too happy about ANOTHER Jake-themed drink - he's been sulking ever since. But hopefully his buddy T.Edlet will arrive soon - that will cheer him up!

@Mox - I have adult beverages whenever possible. ;)

@LwE - I'm going to see Eclipse *again* a week from Saturday (with Starlit Violets - squeeee!), so as long as T.Edlet is here by then. I will be a happy crazy lady. I'm excited that he is currently traveling across the country!! Thanks again!

@akgrl - I bet it *would* be good with white chocolate! YUM!

@DD - that was a close one!! LOL! Good thing you caught yourself!!

smartEpantz said...

I like to be really alert and slightly jittery while I'm drunk, so this one is full of win for me. :D
Also, how in theee hale do I not own one of those magical little machines???!!! I think I'm adding a Tassimo to my x-mas list...

Have funsky tonight lady!

xoxo
E

17foreverlisa said...

In honor of Mox, I'll say I stopped by on Tainty Tuesday. Wow the week/weekend really got away from me.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I might be willing to try this one based on all of the other ingredients.

And please give Edlet a big kiss for me for requesting a non-Jake drink. Woo hoo! LOL!!

Lisa

Post a Comment